PDA

View Full Version : Mach 460=blown speakers....UGH!!! HELP!

mustangmuscle
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I blew a speaker or 2.....sounds like crap now......obviously...

Been reading that those of us who are unlucky enough to have the Mach 460 system, have no real option other than yanking the whole thing and starting over from scratch.:bs:

I really hope there is another way. I do NOT wanna even think about replacing everything......WAY too much money...dammit.:banghead:

So, is there any way to replace speakers and still sound ok, or what??

Thanks,
Chris

ps. I thought about trying to find some factory speakers, but dont wanna do
that and just blow them out again........

beerformeplz
08-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I have a complete rear speaker setup if your intrested.

QWKSNKE
08-17-2007, 09:19 PM
yes. you can buy replacement speakers.

But it is still a crappy system

TheJeanyus
08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
That's what you get for bumpin' in the Walmart parking lot trying to impress all the ladies. :fro:

:jester:

rtusnake
08-17-2007, 11:35 PM
That's what you get for bumpin' in the Walmart parking lot trying to impress all the ladies. :fro:

:slap: You should know chris has more class than that, he was at target doing it.

TheJeanyus
08-18-2007, 01:14 AM
:slap: You should know chris has more class than that, he was at target doing it.
:doh: I forgot about that...probably because I'm not high class enough for Target.

yellowSVT
08-18-2007, 05:47 AM
i had my stock system with an extra 800 watt amp a cap and three tens hooked up no problem still got all of it if interested even the wiring to hook to the factory amps.

QWKSNKE
08-18-2007, 08:47 AM

:rofl:

:dj:

mustangmuscle
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
yes. you can buy replacement speakers.

But it is still a crappy system

Thanks for the info!

Been reading that ANY replacement speakers wont produce anything resembling decent sound due to the Mach 460 system being "weird".....something about the speakers are a different "ohm" resistance than what the aftermarket has to offer........the posts I've read from those who have attempted changing to better speakers have reported horrible performance....

Does this sound correct...??

And yes, I totally agree....it is a crappy system. Just dont wanna spend the cabbage to replace everything......UGH!!

mustangmuscle
08-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Havent done any of that since I quit working for Wally-World back in '99:banana2: LOL

mustangmuscle
08-18-2007, 11:24 AM

They wont let me do that at Target anymore.....something about "disturbing the peace". Seems like nobody appreciates Slipknot blasting at full tilt these days.:metal:

Whatever is the world coming to.......:dump:

94five0
08-18-2007, 02:14 PM
:doh: I forgot about that...probably because I'm not high class enough for Target.

now i'm not so sure. apparently, there's a donked out, '77 caprice ridin around somwhere with a sonic blue 03 cobra fender emblem..:jester:

TheJeanyus
08-18-2007, 02:16 PM
:werd:

:tlash:

QWKSNKE
08-18-2007, 04:48 PM
now i'm not so sure. apparently, there's a donked out, '77 caprice ridin around somwhere with a sonic blue 03 cobra fender emblem..:jester:

:rofl:

Ponygirl
08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
My stereo in my Cobra sucks...especially when the top is down. I wish I could put the factory system that is in my Focus into my Cobra.

94five0
08-18-2007, 09:42 PM
i feel your pain, i lost all my good settings it felt when i replaced the factory 6 disk headunit in my Cobra... I had to take it back to the stereo place to get the phasing correct and all the highs and bass fixed cause the back amp is just wired weird from the factory equipment..

mustangmuscle
09-10-2007, 12:09 PM
So, I took the car to an audio shop here in Auburn to have them check out my "blown" speakers. The technicians get in the car and "crank it!"...get out and say my speakers arent blown, and are operating normally. They went on to say that some music today is being recorded at such low frequencies that alotta factory speakers simply cant reproduce the sound, ie, hard, heavy bass.

Does this sound right, or what??

Thanks

Chris

ncontt
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
sounds like crap to me...but what do I know. :shrug:

TheJeanyus
09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I doubt they would have told you that if it wasn't true. Why would they give up the opportunity to sell you something when that is what business they're in? :shrug:

mustangmuscle
09-11-2007, 07:16 AM
I doubt they would have told you that if it wasn't true. Why would they give up the opportunity to sell you something when that is what business they're in? :shrug:

Very true!
Thats exactly what the owner and install tech told me. Said they'd love to write out a shop ticket and make a sale. But, my speakers simply arent blown.

This gives me yet another reason to tell my son that he cant play his horrid rap music in my car anymore!!!!

CrazyInBlack
09-11-2007, 03:59 PM
bass blockers may help the problem if indeed your speakers cannot handle the bass

and they are cheap :nice:

mustangmuscle
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
bass blockers may help the problem if indeed your speakers cannot handle the bass

and they are cheap :nice:

Well, dont really wanna "block" any bass....

Their solution was to install a sub and an amp. Let the sub handle all the bass, and let the remainder of the system do the rest.....???

OR

My solution.....never ever let my son play that damned rap BS:bs: in my car again!!!!:banghead: :metal:

CrazyInBlack
09-11-2007, 04:38 PM
This will only block the bass your speakers cannot play anyway and will clean up the sound

adding a sub wil help but you still do not want your speakers trying to play sounds that they cannot play

mustangmuscle
09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
This will only block the bass your speakers cannot play anyway and will clean up the sound

adding a sub wil help but you still do not want your speakers trying to play sounds that they cannot play

Thanks for the education on blockers.

Adding a sub isnt really something I wanna do, so, will look into the blockers.

Ponygirl
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
So, I took the car to an audio shop here in Auburn to have them check out my "blown" speakers. The technicians get in the car and "crank it!"...get out and say my speakers arent blown, and are operating normally. They went on to say that some music today is being recorded at such low frequencies that alotta factory speakers simply cant reproduce the sound, ie, hard, heavy bass.

Does this sound right, or what??

Thanks

Chris

:shrug: I have no problems with the factory speakers in my focus. No matter what type of music I listen to. I think the Mach 460 systems are defective.

TheJeanyus
09-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Now that I think about it, I've never really been happy with the system in my car either. I just don't drive it enough that I think about it much. :D The Mach 460 does crap out on the low end pretty bad. Heavy bass sounds sort of like a fart echoing in the toilet. :jester:

mustangmuscle
09-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Now that I think about it, I've never really been happy with the system in my car either. I just don't drive it enough that I think about it much. :D The Mach 460 does crap out on the low end pretty bad. Heavy bass sounds sort of like a fart echoing in the toilet. :jester:

I couldnt have described it any better than that!!!! That is EXACTLY what it sounds like......UGH!!!

CrimsonRacing
09-12-2007, 03:50 PM

I got that one beat dead to right......riding thru town this am and here's this mustang with the buick engine compartment chrome round pieces on his fender...these things are becoming more common than 22's and 24's.....

wonder if they could make my car faster too........:jester:

oh........and of course it was sporting a HUGE whale tail,altezias(sp) and some really lame looking hub caps.........

:metal: