PDA

View Full Version : power adder advice!!!

quickfox87
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
im about about to try and sell a 31 a model i have in the garage to further mod my 5.0. well here the question, what should i go with; centrifical supercharger, roots blower, or a twin turbo setup. i am presented with quite a problem here b/c i love the way the whine of a supercharger sounds yet also a loud ass blowoff valve is also a heavenly sound! my car is an automatic though so i don't know how well the blowoff would be, also i would like the power to be available on the bottomend as well as top end also. i also have a stock bottom end too.
whatever advice yall have about this would be greatly appreciated and i will also be on a budget ranging from about $2800 to $4000 depending on what i get for the a model!
Please help me decide!!!:pray:

qkjuicedpony
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
tell me more about the a model.....

TheJeanyus
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think $4000 will be enough for a TT setup. I'd go with a centrifugal from Vortech, ATI, or Paxton. They'll make more than enough power to send the stock rods into the oil pan without costing nearly as much a turbo setup. I'm not a fan of roots blowers on pushrod motors since they make good low end power already.

I don't recommend picking a power adder based on sound. Pick the one that best fits your application and budget.

beerformeplz
08-20-2007, 07:08 PM
From the bottom to the top KB!

QWKSNKE
08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
If you drive the car everyday or take extended trips in your 5.0, buy a single turbo kit.

Centri blower noise gets old after awhile. Trust me

coupe
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
:hmm: Yes, do tell more about the 31 Ford!

Would you be interested in trading for a turbo setup?
I've been looking for something like that.

email me pics (of the Ford): matt@specclutch.com

Craig K.
08-20-2007, 08:04 PM
More about that 31 Ford!!!

I would go for the single turbo set up.

I don't think that twin set ups are that more efficient than a very well spec'ed out single set up.

qkjuicedpony
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
you 2 need to get in line:D:D

I would also do a single turbo.you can do a heads,cam and intake with a single 70mm turbo on a stock bottom end and make more than you will need

03slobra
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
How many miles does your bottom end have on it does it smoke or use oil,if so i would focus on that first.what about a nitrous kit:jester: or 2 :metal:

coupe
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Let me clarify for you:
tell me more about the a model.....
means "tell me more about the a model."

I, however, offered up interest in a possible trade. :D :poke:

qkjuicedpony
08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Let me clarify for you:

means "tell me more about the a model."

I, however, offered up interest in a possible trade. :D :poke:

Let me clarify.....If the a model checks out...i have a pile of cash:D:D:D:D

mrmustangconvert
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM
roots blower will be the best because it has bottom end tourque in lower rpms but its going to cost you

your best bet will be a procharger or an s-trim type blower for the money sake of things

rj95svt
08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Hellion single turbo!!!!!!!! A properly spec'ed single turbo will make full boost by 3,000 rpm's. With the right stalll converter you'll be able to leave the line with full boost which = boatloads of torque! The downside of the turbo is it's more expensive, a more complicated install, and hotter underhood temps, but since it isn't mechanically linked via belt to the crank it's more efficient at making power. You can safely make more power than you can with the blower due to less stress on the block from having to turn the blower. How much though is debatable though.

The problem with the KB is the absense of a intercooler. The KB isn't near as efficient as a centri and produces more heat which increases the chances for detonation but the KB makes full boost instantly which will make for great low end torque. IMHO a KB needs a intercooler to work at its best.

Blown89
08-21-2007, 08:02 PM
you could freshen up your motor with a good set of pistons bolt on a new set of afr 185 heads a 9lb powerdyne kit with larger injectors and air meeter and as for an intercooler a zex wet kit and stay under $4000 that way you'll be able to buy the tires that you have so much fun lighting up.

mrmustangconvert
08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Hellion single turbo!!!!!!!! A properly spec'ed single turbo will make full boost by 3,000 rpm's. With the right stalll converter you'll be able to leave the line with full boost which = boatloads of torque! The downside of the turbo is it's more expensive, a more complicated install, and hotter underhood temps, but since it isn't mechanically linked via belt to the crank it's more efficient at making power. You can safely make more power than you can with the blower due to less stress on the block from having to turn the blower. How much though is debatable though.

The problem with the KB is the absense of a intercooler. The KB isn't near as efficient as a centri and produces more heat which increases the chances for detonation but the KB makes full boost instantly which will make for great low end torque. IMHO a KB needs a intercooler to work at its best.

:eric:

rj95svt
08-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Very true

Thats the the reason I don't have one!

quickfox87
08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Let me clarify.....If the a model checks out...i have a pile of cash:D:D:D:D
so to all you wanting to know about the a model: i have a 1931 a-model cabriolet convertible with the frame, front and rear original fenders, rumble seat deck lid, new windshield frame, straight axle front end and a mustang2 frontend, i think i have 2 grills, headlights and headlight bar, possibly more would have to look around!
$5300 obo for everything! it will definitly not be given away! it is a very rare find!