PDA

View Full Version : F.A.S.T. sequential

coupe
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Since there hasn't been a thread on FAST here yet, I thought I'd start one. I've helped and watched some tuning done with a few EFI systems, including BigStuff3 and Electromotive, but never actually had any time with FAST.

Picked up this little gem from a guy recently.

It's a Sequential EFI system called "Speed-Pro," identical to the FAST sequential box. It became FAST when Fuel Air Spark Technologies bought the system from FelPro.

It's a sequential unit configured for Wide-Band O2 and uses a MAP sensor. These systems have been used to tune some of the fastest cars in the country.

Man, you'd think I was building something fast, huh. :D

QWKSNKE
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Those are nice systems. Be ready for a steep learning curve. Its fun though

qkjuicedpony
08-29-2007, 03:33 AM
The learning curve isnt that bad.They are actually a user friendly system with the c-com software.Dave at FAST is more than helpful with any tech questions you may have as well.

Seen cars pick up 60whp just by removing stock eec stuff and going to a FAST system.

coupe
08-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Yea, I've seen the software before, It's quite user friendly if you know what you're looking at.

BigStuff3 was my first choice, but for half the price, this will do just fine.

SvoBrown
08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
My dream stuff there. I want that for the svo. Talk about it tonight!

Dale McPeters
08-29-2007, 04:54 PM
coupe that system should work just fine.
And being that you said it was such a good deal it should work "REALLY" well compared to buying a brand new unit. :D

waypastcrazy
03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice!now for a question.At what point would a dual injector setup be useful? Hp boost cubic inch etc etc?thx

coupe
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Depends on the fuel used, and how much power you make. Boils down to BSFC or Brake-specific fuel consumption.

Some of the turbo methanol powered cars are running dual and triple sets of 160's for each cylinder!! Some of the big block twin turbo cars that make 3000hp require two sets even for gasoline.

I'll be using one set of injectors for mine. It's just a streetcar.

waypastcrazy
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
It was just a hyp question.lol I would only need 4 total. One per cylinder. Just a little oh turbocoupe.they are all street car aren't they?lol thx

rtusnake
03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
How much did you pick that up for?

tayzoid1
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
so what all sensors would be needed to run this? or am i misreading the first post about the map and wideband?

waypastcrazy
03-20-2010, 09:37 AM
I have been looking at a lot of these stand alone fuel injection systems conclusion at this point is the bigstuff3 is a very good system but uses chevy sensors. Lmao. The fast is more appealing to me. Correct me if I am wrong but it can be used with FORD oem type sensors.tps map.etc. I have been using all the equations to figure out my. Air flow. Ci.rpm. Atmosphere air pressure. Etc. Etc but have not and do not know. How to figure injector size.please enlighten me with an example. Is by cfm. Lbs boost. Per ci. Etc?I really want to have a good understanding of how this works before I drop hard earned cash on it. Coupe have you had a chance to look at the software?how would you rate the ability needed comprehend it?guess I am asking do I need to be a rocket scientist to operate it?lol. I am fairly ignorant to the injection software specifics but do have a good concept of what and how it affects the engine. Any help is appreciated thx Clyde

93cobra1928
03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Go with a Moates Quarterhorse and Clint Garity's Binary Editor
and Engine Analyzer and a wideband. You will have datalogging
and real time tuning at your fingertips along with lots of
support on the 'net

waypastcrazy
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Think I found something!
http://www.z31.com/software/injector.pl
http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/thermal_efficiency.htm

Dale McPeters