PDA

View Full Version : Long Tube Headers

mustangsteve
10-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I bought a set of Flowtech Long Tubes but the Lakewood Bellhousing still will not fit even the Mini Starter will be resting on the header itself. I plan on sending these back to get a different set and was wondering if anyone has a 5-speed,Lakewood Bellhousing,and long tube headers.? If so what type of Headers?

By the way I working on a 91 mustang coupe.

qkjuicedpony
10-06-2007, 01:30 PM
The lakewood will work with Mac longtubes but with any of them the fit is tight.my bassani's wouldnt even get within 5 inches of fitting with a mcleod bellhousing.

I bought a stock bellhousing to resolve my problem...mainly because i wanted to keep my headers.

qkjuicedpony
10-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I think the BBK's work too

mustangsteve
10-06-2007, 03:17 PM
The lakewood will work with Mac longtubes but with any of them the fit is tight.my bassani's wouldnt even get within 5 inches of fitting with a mcleod bellhousing.

I bought a stock bellhousing to resolve my problem...mainly because i wanted to keep my headers.

My Clutch was hitting the stock bellhousing so I bought the Lakewood, then I had to buy the Long tubes and short H-Pipe because the shorties where not going to work back with it's H-Pipe.
So I did so grinding on the inside of the stock bellhousing and to the clutch and go back with that and the Long Tubes but the Mini Starter is now resting on the header itself.

Since I have it down this far and have to send the Headers I have back, I would like to go with the Long Tubes that will work rite.

qkjuicedpony
10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
so you have the stock bellhousing on now?

is your starter one that can be clocked into a certain position?

mustangsteve
10-06-2007, 03:37 PM
No I have taken everythig off. Not sure about the clocking but in any event the starter will still sit on the header.(This is with the stock bellhousing)..
I have the Lakewood on ebay and plan on just using the stock bellhousing because I will also have to buy the extended clutch arm another 180.00

BAD INT
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I havent had the starter trouble you guys are having but I had the header trouble I ground the flange that butts up to the block.Steve grinding on a stock bellhousing is bad.I like my feet just the way they are.When ever you order longtubes ask and make sure you get ones for a lakewood always think safety and to the future.

mustangsteve
10-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I havent had the starter trouble you guys are having but I had the header trouble I ground the flange that butts up to the block.Steve grinding on a stock bellhousing is bad.I like my feet just the way they are.When ever you order longtubes ask and make sure you get ones for a lakewood always think safety and to the future.

I did not do alot of grinding to the bellhouse, did most of the grinding to the clutch cover. I did sell the Lakewood,but did order a set of BBK Long Tubes and it's H-Pipe.

coupe
10-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Sell the whole lot Steve. Drop in a SBC and a powerglide. ;)

Seriouosly. For your setup, I'd go back to the shorty header and exhaust setup. Get the prochamber, where you can position the mid-pipes independently, instead of the whole H-pipe being one-piece.