PDA

View Full Version : Transmission ? T5

ujslost
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I have a friend has a 95 gt. Its making a loud ass noise in reverse. Like its gonna explode! So we pull it out, put a new reverse gear, slider and dog rings in. Reinstalled it tonight. Problem still exists. Gears 1-5 work fine. Only problem is in reverse. I am so stumped. Any help appreciated.

ujslost
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
also, what would he have to do to put an 86 model t5 in his car, i know the bellhousing and input shaft are longer in his 95 model , so what would we have to have to make it work

Italian LX
11-02-2007, 04:48 AM
also, what would he have to do to put an 86 model t5 in his car, i know the bellhousing and input shaft are longer in his 95 model , so what would we have to have to make it work
Just swap the input shaft, bearing retainer, and bellhousing.... just make sure the input shaft has the same bearing style to match the output shaft.

Italian LX
11-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Its making a loud ass noise in reverse. Like its gonna explode!
Please describe better. Is is a loud constant whine, an irratic cluncking, a ratchetting sound, etc....?

So we pull it out, put a new reverse gear, slider and dog rings in. Reinstalled it tonight. Problem still exists. Gears 1-5 work fine. Only problem is in reverse. I am so stumped. Any help appreciated.
Which reverse gear are you refering to? Was it the 3-4 slider/reverse gear on the output shaft, or the small idler gear in the bottom of the case?

Also, did you check the endplay on the cluster while you were in the tranny? What end play did you end up with on the main shaft?

coupe
11-02-2007, 07:14 AM
maybe just the driveshaft rubbing the mufflers (or something) under the car when backing up.

Italian LX
11-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Or, it could be in the rearend. :shrug:

coupe
11-02-2007, 08:32 AM
:werd: Gears can make noise in one direction if not setup correctly.

natedawgg94
11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
i was thinking rearend myself if tranny looks good. would also be easy to check