PDA

View Full Version : sick truck...........

hevymtl
02-22-2005, 06:46 PM
I was talking with CraigK at work yesterday, and we got to talking about gas mileage. We got on the conversation of me taking my blower belt off to see how much gas I could save. He said he had done it on his GTP and got 2-3 mpg improvement. Well I came home today and pulled the blower belt and took her for a spin. M*****f*****r!!! This thing is a dog!! It has zero balls now. Its pretty sickening. Im ordering a new belt for it while Ive got this one off.

Craig K.
02-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I was talking with CraigK at work yesterday, and we got to talking about gas mileage. We got on the conversation of me taking my blower belt off to see how much gas I could save. He said he had done it on his GTP and got 2-3 mpg improvement. Well I came home today and pulled the blower belt and took her for a spin. M*****f*****r!!! This thing is a dog!! It has zero balls now. Its pretty sickening. Im ordering a new belt for it while Ive got this one off.

Well I did say that you would notice a decrease in performance.

It didn't throw any codes, did it?

Sendero
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
It seems to me that you would lose gas mileage because of that huge ass restriction now sitting on top of your motor?

hevymtl
02-22-2005, 09:13 PM
It didn't throw any codes, did it?

Nay not so far. Im gona drive it tomorrow and see how the mpg come out.

hevymtl
02-22-2005, 09:14 PM
It seems to me that you would lose gas mileage because of that huge ass restriction now sitting on top of your motor?

Actually I thought the same thing but when the motor pulls air in it causes the rotor to turn on there own.

TheJeanyus
02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Actually I thought the same thing but when the motor pulls air in it causes the rotor to turn on there own.
:yup: It should actually put less restriction on the motor since it isn't having to turn the blower. The rotors will turn on their own, which will create a small air restriction, but I would imagine the load the blower creates on the engine is costing more in terms of efficiency than the air restriction caused by the unpowered blower.

EZ SPEED
02-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Who buys a Lightning and worries about the gas mileage? :baby: :poke:

:jester:

Italian LX
02-23-2005, 07:33 AM
:agree:

My suggestion to you is to sell it and buy a Honda. :rolleyes:

1sicklx
02-23-2005, 09:41 AM
Who buys a Lightning and worries about the gas mileage?
:werd:

QWKSNKE
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
seems to me the truck run fat as hell setup as n/a and 42# injectors

Wall96cobra
02-23-2005, 10:36 AM

That's easy to say when you live a mile and a half from work and only drive your lightning once every 6 months :poke: :jester:

1sicklx
02-23-2005, 10:58 AM
That's easy to say when you live a mile and a half from work and only drive your lightning once every 6 months :poke: :jester:
:shrug: guess it pays to have umpteen different SVT and other ford products to rotate driving duties. :P

EZ SPEED
02-23-2005, 12:13 PM

I drive my Lightning everyday (yeah is the 93L) ;) :jester:

hevymtl
02-23-2005, 04:13 PM

Definantly not the person that buys one and dont drive it! :baby: :poke:

hevymtl
02-23-2005, 04:17 PM
The belt went back on today. I only drive it a couple of times a week anyways it was just an experiment. Damn, it aint like Im going broke filling the bastard up. :rolleyes:

QWKSNKE
02-23-2005, 06:56 PM
. Damn, it aint like Im going broke filling the bastard up. :rolleyes:

Rich mother :censored: !!!

TheJeanyus
02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Rich mother :censored: !!!
:werd: Must be nice to not have to worry about how much gas costs.

Jugg2Driver
02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
You could always install and electric motor to run the blower pulley, set it up to increase rpms in sync with the engine and that way you would have the load on the engine itself.

Matt