PDA

View Full Version : Autometer Gauge Wiring

TheJeanyus
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm swapping out my Autometer A-Pillar pod for a Speed of Sound pillar, and to do so I'll have to remove my gauges. The problem is, I don't see a way to disconnect the wires from the gauges without disconnecting them where they wire into the lighting system. Does anyone know if the wires can be disconnected from the gauge? Or is there some type of connector I could splice into the wires in case I pull them out again for some reason? I looked at Radioshack and didn't see anything that looked like it would work for what I want to do.

Italian LX
12-14-2007, 04:52 AM
What series gauges do you have? On most of their gauges, you can just pull the bulb out of the back; however, since you are asking, you must have a series that uses the built-in LED backlighting.

The simple route would be just to use some crimp-on quick-disconnects.

TheJeanyus
12-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I have Lunar series gauges - a mechanical fuel pressure and a mechanical boost pressure.

I had thought about using quick disconnects. Do you think they'll stay together? I was worried they might come apart after a while. :shrug:

Italian LX
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I have Lunar series gauges - a mechanical fuel pressure and a mechanical boost pressure.
Heck, the lighting would be the least of my worries. I would dread having to deal with the damn isolation line. :notnice:

. . . electric FP gauge FTW! :D

I had thought about using quick disconnects. Do you think they'll stay together? I was worried they might come apart after a while. :shrug:
Most of the ones I have used are actually pretty difficult to pull apart.

TheJeanyus
12-14-2007, 06:03 PM
The fuel pressure may be electrical. It's been in there so long, I don't really remember. :D Paul and Jason put it in while I was gone to work/school one day.

I think I'll give the quick disconnects a try. Thanks. :chug:

rtusnake
12-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure your fp gauge is electric as well. I think I remember seeing a plug in on your fuel rail

TheJeanyus
12-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm pretty sure your fp gauge is electric as well. I think I remember seeing a plug in on your fuel rail
Now that you mention it, I believe that is right. It is an electric gauge.