PDA

View Full Version : car cover ??

natedawgg94
12-16-2007, 09:21 AM
not sure if this is the right place to start this but here we go. i'm looking for a decent car cover that is somewhat waterproof and will keep the car dry and clean. let me know what kida experiences you have had. thanks

Purple1995Pony
12-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I just bought this one. Their prices are the best and they have a good selection of different brands and I like this one I got for about $50.00 shipped. Flannel is real nice if it is stored inside and in a dust free environment. If you have an expensive paint job like we do, I use a softer one (flannel) underneath a weather proof one.

LeBra Car Covers Selector

1994 FORD MUSTANG GT/COBRA WITH REAR SPOILER

Deluxe

http://204.228.150.1/carcovers/lebracovers/media/fabric_del.jpg
$44.48 Better

Outdoor Or Indoor Use
Long Lasting Construction
Fabric Color: Reflective Silver
5-Year Warrantyat http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com (http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com)

89 Hoss
12-16-2007, 05:32 PM
This is the same one I use also, but I also keep mine under a carport and the other in a shop.

EHardy1971
12-16-2007, 06:37 PM
yeah,you don't want one that will let ANY kind of dirt under/through it,or the cover will just turn into a big piece of sandpaper!

natedawgg94
12-17-2007, 06:42 AM
yeah the car will be outside since we don't have a carport or garage.

QWKSNKE
12-17-2007, 06:47 AM
yeah,you don't want one that will let ANY kind of dirt under/through it,or the cover will just turn into a big piece of sandpaper!

just a tidbit of info, there is no such thing as a cover that will not allow dust/dirt to get under. It just happens. Best thing to do is once a week or every other week take the cover off and dust the car and then put the cover back on.

EHardy1971
12-18-2007, 08:10 AM
just a tidbit of info, there is no such thing as a cover that will not allow dust/dirt to get under. It just happens. Best thing to do is once a week or every other week take the cover off and dust the car and then put the cover back on.
I thought somebody had come out with a gore-tex type cover that would breathe,but keep dirt and moisture out!,maybe I got it confused with something else.:think:

Skillet
12-18-2007, 09:55 AM
We have a really expensive car cover for the Corvette and it never appeared to let any dirt or water in. It was supposed to breathe too in case the car was covered while still wet. I believe is it a Noah cover. $200+

89 Hoss
12-18-2007, 01:18 PM

ditto there, that is where the good ole california duster comes in handy!! A good waxing and the dust will slide right off.

QWKSNKE
12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought somebody had come out with a gore-tex type cover that would breathe,but keep dirt and moisture out!,maybe I got it confused with something else.:think:

think about it, if it can breathe, then dirt can get in

97cobrasvt
12-18-2007, 09:09 PM

That's what I thoutght as well :yup:

EHardy1971
12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
good point!,not to mention what can get in from underneath!

96GTS
12-22-2007, 08:16 PM
ditto there, that is where the good ole california duster comes in handy!! A good waxing and the dust will slide right off.
Only good thing to ever come outta this state:dump: