PDA

View Full Version : Strut Tower Brace

TheJeanyus
02-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Is it worth the money and PITA? I know anything that makes these swiss-cheese cars a little more rigid is a good thing, but are these worth ~$150 and being in the way of any work you do under the hood?

QWKSNKE
02-24-2005, 01:45 PM
I think so

Sendero
02-24-2005, 04:10 PM
You will hear arguements for and against these devices. For the longest time I believed that they don't do much (besides control cowl shake), but I just looked at a torsion calculation model that made me a believer.

This model was detailing the torsion that the front end will encounter as it moves through its suspension range. With the regular coil setup, it wasn't to bad. But if you add coil-overs, whoa momma it looks like a preztel!

I'd look at the MM or EvM units. Skip the Steeda stuff.

Wicked
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Is it worth the money and PITA? I know anything that makes these swiss-cheese cars a little more rigid is a good thing, but are these worth ~$150 and being in the way of any work you do under the hood?

I think its worth it. You will notice it most when pulling into and out of steep drives when you heavily load one half of the front end at a time, i.e. Torsion.
It is kinda a pain to work around but your car should be easier than mine.

I don't know if its available for your car, but I'd kinda rather have one that is removeable. But they may not be as strong as the ones that tie directly into the damper.

TheJeanyus
05-11-2005, 10:19 PM
:bump: Raised from the dead! :jester:

Are all STBs created pretty much equal, or are there certain features that make one better than the other? In the pictures I see on different companies' websites, all the '03/'04 Cobra STBs look the same.

rtusnake
05-11-2005, 10:36 PM
I would say they should be all pretty close to the same as far as how they work. Seems like they are something that would be hard to screw up. I took mine off my car about a year ago and I don't see a difference in the car. Also makes working on the car much easier since you don't have to take the time to remove it.

QWKSNKE
05-12-2005, 04:54 AM
:bump: Raised from the dead! :jester:

Are all STBs created pretty much equal, or are there certain features that make one better than the other? In the pictures I see on different companies' websites, all the '03/'04 Cobra STBs look the same.

go with Kenny Brown

Wicked
05-12-2005, 04:22 PM
go with Kenny Brown

:shameless plug:

:jester: j/k

I have the Kenny Brown. I like it, as I think it helps. But I hate it for the next guy to align my car and I couldn't use normal caster camber plates on my car so I had to sell the ones I had.