PDA

View Full Version : Longgggggggggggg Night!

2slow4u
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
:brick: :chip: Need new Axel or axles i'm not sure what all is screwed up but on the way home tonight i decided to get on it to see what she had i was doing 45 and i stomped on it. Well it snapped my left Axel and through it out tha side of the car, i think it bent that drive shaft and possibly hurt the trans, Not to sure if it hurt the gears but, i don't think well be finding out for a while cus Dad just spent a ton of money on the motor but yea if anyone has any extra axles just chillin let me know please.

97cobrasvt
01-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I hate to hear that being all ya'll just done to the car.:shake:

2slow4u
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Yea but hey thats tha price u pay when u decided u wana race.

QWKSNKE
01-14-2008, 04:59 AM
You did what? :think:

Brian and I have some axles. Let us know if you don't find anything locally.

stangman
01-14-2008, 05:13 AM
I have plenty of 4 and 5 lug axles. Call me Jerome 256 239-8395

Wickd GT
01-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Yea, but he did not tell you he had 2 more people on the car and 3/4 of fuel in the tank, can you say "HEAVY", the car has power now, and the good old axle could not take it. I'll try to find an axle around here, hopefully is only that, but knowing my luck with this car, who knows? I can't even finish my motor. I tell you this, it went from 140 ps of compression to 170psi cranking compression, the combination of the heads and this Cobra upper and lower, 24lbs inj, 73MM mas air, and 70mm throtle body, plus the heads are ported and the upper and lower are too, and put on the 190ltr fuel pump, this thing you put it through the gears and I was shock how hard this thing moves. Once I get it fixed, we'll take it to the track.

Edgar

QWKSNKE
01-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Yea, but he did not tell you he had 2 more people on the car and 3/4 of fuel in the tank, can you say "HEAVY", the car has power now, and the good old axle could not take it. I'll try to find an axle around here, hopefully is only that, but knowing my luck with this car, who knows? I can't even finish my motor. I tell you this, it went from 140 ps of compression to 170psi cranking compression, the combination of the heads and this Cubra upper and lower, 24lbs inj, 73MM mas air, and 70mm throtle body, plus the heads are ported and the upper and lower are too, and put on the 190ltr fuel pump, this thing you put it through the gears and I was shock how hard this thing moves. Once I get it fixed, we'll take it to the track.

Edgar

ok. I have never run any axle other than stock and I haven't broke one. Did he hit a curb?

Wickd GT
01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
ok. I have never run any axle other than stock and I haven't broke one. Did he hit a curb?

Not at all, no tire marks or anything, it broke right at below the splines, I think I know what broke it, I put the rear end real tight and the shaft pin I had to hammer it to go through, so when I get it apart I'm going to loosen it up, the axles do not have any play in them, when you push in or out on the wheel.

Edgar

QWKSNKE
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah. that is not good

ChipR4cam
01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Did he hit a curb?

Shuttup!

:D

QWKSNKE
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Shuttup!

You know all about that don't you
:jester:

88scgt
01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
should go with c clip eliminaters to keep that axle in there. but i hate to here that you messed up your car always a sad day when you break stuff

04 Mach1
01-16-2008, 04:53 PM
I put the rear end real tight and the shaft pin I had to hammer it to go through,

Edgar

Did the car not drive like it was a full spool?? The last time I built one on the tight side it either slid the tire or acted like a broken locker going in and out. Are the spider gears OK???

QWKSNKE
01-16-2008, 05:59 PM
. Are the spider gears OK???

I wondered about that as well

Wickd GT
01-17-2008, 05:52 AM
I wondered about that as well

I'll be working on it tomorrow if I can find a damn axle, I ask a salvage yard for a set, this ass hole quoted me 157.00 for the pair, I told him 75.00 more and I'll buy me a set of mosers. No one down here has any, only one guy and I'm going this morning to check them out. I had 4 pairs of these M..F...kers, and sold them about 6 months ago, I should of known. I need to fix it tomorrow, cause it is going to be very cold saturday and I have the car on the trailer with jack stands under it, I can't unloaded, so I'm going to fix it there, got to buy a new break cylinder for that side and bleed the breaks. I'm going to pull the differential to loose the clutches a bit, they are real tight, plus I talked to cheo and he told me that tire wqheel hoped and he got out of it, and that is when it happend. Well, tomorrow I'll see the damage. By the way, if you going to FFW, bring the cameras, I'm coming with a fogger from Steve Johnson, that is all I'm saying, motor is out and freshening the whole motor and two new pistons.

Edgar

qkjuicedpony
01-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Edgar,

I have a good stock 4 lug axle laying here in my shop.if you need it I can box it up and ship it to you.

As for FFW....I'm coming with 2 stages......straight from Wilson/Pro-Flow:D:D

Italian LX
01-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Did the car not drive like it was a full spool?? The last time I built one on the tight side it either slid the tire or acted like a broken locker going in and out. Are the spider gears OK???
I've never had problem with shimming them tight... but I did try leaving out the friction modifier last time I replaced the clutch packs. The car acted like it had a spool until I put the modifier in it.

coupe
01-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Edgar...be careful with working on that car while it's up on the trailer. It's dangerous; don't want to have to go to a funeral!

Wickd GT
01-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Edgar...be careful with working on that car while it's up on the trailer. It's dangerous; don't want to have to go to a funeral!

Going to hook it up to the truck so it will not move as much. Plan is to get the piece of axle out, and check the spider gears, if they are fine, then put both axles in, fix the breaks and unloaded it, to get it in the house, then I'll finish it there.

Edgar

EHardy1971
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
If you need spider gears,lemme know,I *think* I have a set laying around!

Italian LX
01-17-2008, 01:49 PM
If you need spider gears,lemme know,I *think* I have a set laying around!
Oh really?

. . . if Edgar doesn't get them, I may want to take them off your hand.

EHardy1971
01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh really?

Yep!,I think they are from a 7.5 though,I know the splines are the same,but not sure about the tooth count,and pitch.BUT I know where I can get a few sets for practically nothing!

Wickd GT
01-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh really?

Take them, Brian, I have an extra set here.

Edgar