PDA

View Full Version : Lug Nut Torque specs

89 Hoss
01-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Not sure if this is the right place feel free to move this Lee Lee. (but I know you would anyway, lol.) Just a little FYI, I have been having problems with breaking my lug key for tuner wheels that I have on my 07. So I guess I am going to have to resort to a torque wrench before I break down and buy me set of wheels just to make sure it is not all me. Here are some specs for future reference it needed.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=107

redhorse
01-14-2008, 06:40 AM
In my owners manual, it suggest 100lbs. I try to go about 102 and they still break loose pretty easy when I take the wheels off. A tire store put some lugs on so tight one time, I destroyed the locking lug and key trying to get them off. The lugs had to be hammered off and on the other extreme, I have failed at one time to tighten them enough and almost met with disaster.

Thanks for the info 89HOSS appreciate it!

89 Hoss
01-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Anytime not really one of the tech guys on here or any thing that is just a question I had asked Lee the other day and got kind of curious myself. Also wondering if I was over torquing due to I don't mind putting a little elbow in if you know what I mean, lol.