PDA

View Full Version : ProjectCOBRA"33

Yknot
01-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, although I have been a watcher for some time. The information and post seem to be orderly so I joined. I would like to thank the staff for putting on such an nice and informative site, and the member for being there when needed, hopefully when I need help one will come to my aid as well.

I have been working on ProjectCOBRA"33 for a little over a year now. It's way different from ypour typical project on this site, but it is ALL FORD. I started with an all steel 1933 Ford sedan and completely dis-assembled it, keeping only the body and a few major pieces. The frame is new and fabricated by myslf (1-1/2" x 6" chanel from ASG, then boxed) . Many hours have already been put into the project, and as of this writing, the frame is finished and painted, with ,most major pieces attached. It utilizes a Heidts IFS Super Ride front end and a 4-bar triangleated rear set-up with a polish Winter quick change running 4.12 gears, Willood takes on all the brake duties for the car. The body is being modified and modern parts are being added. The engine of choise was the 03-04 Cobra Terminator power plant, so I ordered on brand new, a 04 model and started from there. To date the fuel system ahas been totally re-vamped using Aeromotive fuel rails, 42lb/hr injectors, Converted to a Return style system, with all Aeromotive products. I also used a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump to aggment the fuel capacity while at WOT and on N2O. The super charger has been both polished and ports at Steigmyers, and the bosst is set at 15-16psi. We have Blue Ford racing valve covers and chrome coil covers, BBK long tube headers, Accufab polished intake and throttle plate, Moto Blue dual bearing pullies and super charger pully, Power house starter, Moroso oil Pan, with Canton windage screen, Energy suspension motor mounts, a PA SFI flex plate and a built 4R75W transmission, with modified Torque converter.
The whole car's funtions are kept on a Innovate Motorsports data logger which includes 8-EGT sensore, 2-cylinder head temp sensors, 4-liquid temp sensors, 5-pressure sensors, 2-wide ban O2 sensors and a travel sensor. Once there Open Tune is released, that will join the rest of the pieces. The car is heavy into electronics and run a Keene Bell Boost-A-coil, and Boost-A-pump, Telorvek cumputer mid-panel, a new Ford 2005 Mach 1 modified EEC, SCT Live wire tuner, Ron Francis wiring panel, Cold fussion EGT Safety Switches, Master Mind Nitrous controller, NOS Cobra Plate system with twin intercooler spray bars, dual purge kits and dual 15lb bottles. There is also a full stage II Snow Performance Water/Mythenol injection system to keep detination to a minimum during WOT and Nitrous use. Every part on the car is new, except the original body and doors. Our lates efforts have added Bear Claw latches to booth doors, with Poppers and electric locks and door solenoides. We are also currently installing the power window kits as well as a full 10 point roll bar made from 1-3/4" 0.120 wall DOM that will satisfy NHRA tech standard down to 8.50 seconds, more then enough for the car. The car will serve it's first year or so on the car show circuit, then the focus will change to the drag strip and various street events. I'm very confident we will get 600hp from the engine, and up to 300hp in addition from the nitrous and water injection, who knows we might press it beyound that figure?
I know this project is a little un-orthodox for the site, but it's 100% FORD, in an arena where the Chevy small block gets way to much hang time, plus my engine transmission combo is pure FORD performance much like many of your members are running. I feel in love with the 4.6L Modular motor, I was up and untill this project a Chevy fan, and fully intended to install a big block or a LS2-3 Small block Chevy. But after reading the sfecifications on the Terminator engine, and how much power it was capabile of producing on a consistant and durabile basis, I wanted nothing but Ford Modular power in my project, obviously I could have chossen any form of power plant, but it was the Ford mod motor that caught my eye, and hart. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Ford members and sharing and learning from ther and mine experiances. Dave.

If you would like to follow the ProjectCOBRA"33 build up, just tune into
www.proweldperformanceparts.com (http://www.proweldperformanceparts.com) and go to the COBRA"33 link.

ncontt
01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
wow dude.....nice project

EZ SPEED
01-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Awesome Project :nice:

Sounds like something I have thought about building if I ever had that kind of $$ to play with.

But there never was a 2005 Mach1, maybe you mean 2004.

And Welcome to the Forums!!

slvrbullit
01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Nice looking project, keep us updated onhow it is coming.

NightHawk756
01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Nice looking project, keep us updated onhow it is coming.

+1!! :metal:

QWKSNKE
01-16-2008, 04:52 AM
+1!! :metal:

+2...

coupe
01-16-2008, 11:30 AM
:eek:
I know this project is a little un-orthodox for the site...
but yet perfect for this site!

:wave2: Welcome aboard! Keep us updated! :nice:

Purple1995Pony
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
very nice!!!

Greg03Cobra
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
That is a nice project man. Welcome to the site.

EHardy1971
01-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Very nice,and ORIGINAL,I like it!,finally somebody bulding a street rod with a FORD in it,instead of a SBC!,welcome to the site!
:chug:

Yknot
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I ,at first questioned the fact that yes as you pointed out there never was a 2005 Mach 1, DOHC 4V, Automatic. But go to Ford and that is how they sell the unit. I wanted the latest and FASTEST EEC (Internally) and this is it, so I quite thinking and just excepted the facts. MAY BE, Just MAY BE....There was suppose to be a 2005 Mach 1 ?.? .?.

yellowSVT
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
welcome!

89 Hoss
01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
welcome!

Yknot
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
The winter has al but stoped the project....we are to the point of installing the Roll Cage structure, the rear section is done we just need to finish the front, mainly the two front down bars that have way too many bends in them to clear the windsheild, dash and leg room. Once those are finished, we can get strated on the interior, with the AC, custom dash and regular interior duties.

While I have not been working on Project COBRA'33, I have been working on some other projects of interest, mainly putting together the many parts I need to start building 2-3 Modular engines. I have collected many specalty tools and equipment to work on the 4.6L/5.4L Ford's, and hope to build these and possibly some other mod motors for both myself and others interrested in the sport. Time will seee.

myillwillinc
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
nice project.....

Rcoupe91svo
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
sounds good

Yknot
06-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Update: 06-20-08

Wow, this has been a slow stage.....We finally got the dash finished, it took much longer then i would have estimated, but it did turn out nice. I sectioned it by adding a 2-1/2" wide strip to it, I wanted the extra depth for looks and functionality. The front half of the roll cage is also finished, or shall I say finished as far as I can go for now. Latter we will remove it from the body and I can finish welding the thing out. We also made a center and roof console, the center one holds the nav radio, AC control, switch panel and a brake pressure gauge set, the roof mounted one holds a AUX Video screen and the rear view mirror, latter I might add the SCT Live Wire and Innovate Motor sports stuff? Last thing we finished was the front seat pedestal, it raises the front seats 7". With very few exceptions, we are almost ready to start on the final body work and get this thing in the paint shop !!!! I am shooting for the early fall for paint, that means I have all summer to sand, sand, sand and sand some more......Sounds like alot of sanding don't you think?? It's all good though. My last 2-pieces of the exhaust system came in and these are the 2 parts that connect to the electric cut-outs and duct the exhaust back under the rear of the running boards, it should be a awesome day when i get to fire this thing up.!! Wow, I can almost smell the oil burning. First things first I suppose, and thats all that sanding and dust. There is a light at the end of this tunnel, and that makes it all worth it. Say in touch, as we get into the last half of this unique project. Till then.

mustang1549
06-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Update: 06-20-08

Wow, this has been a slow stage.....We finally got the dash finished, it took much longer then i would have estimated, but it did turn out nice. I sectioned it by adding a 2-1/2" wide strip to it, I wanted the extra depth for looks and functionality. The front half of the roll cage is also finished, or shall I say finished as far as I can go for now. Latter we will remove it from the body and I can finish welding the thing out. We also made a center and roof console, the center one holds the nav radio, AC control, switch panel and a brake pressure gauge set, the roof mounted one holds a AUX Video screen and the rear view mirror, latter I might add the SCT Live Wire and Innovate Motor sports stuff? Last thing we finished was the front seat pedestal, it raises the front seats 7". With very few exceptions, we are almost ready to start on the final body work and get this thing in the paint shop !!!! I am shooting for the early fall for paint, that means I have all summer to sand, sand, sand and sand some more......Sounds like alot of sanding don't you think?? It's all good though. My last 2-pieces of the exhaust system came in and these are the 2 parts that connect to the electric cut-outs and duct the exhaust back under the rear of the running boards, it should be a awesome day when i get to fire this thing up.!! Wow, I can almost smell the oil burning. First things first I suppose, and thats all that sanding and dust. There is a light at the end of this tunnel, and that makes it all worth it. Say in touch, as we get into the last half of this unique project. Till then.

today is the 19th......:poke:

gonna be a nice looking ride when your done.

coupe
06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
today is the 19th......:poke:

:lol: yea...give the rich guy some shit. :D