PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions here on SFC's

EHardy1971
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I have been planning on putting some sub frame connectors on my coupe for awhile,but here's the deal,I have the dimensions out of the Mustang Performance Handbook,and I priced the steel at Miller's steel in Anniston(1" x 2" 14 ga square tubing),and a 20' piece is around $22-$25.This would be enough to make a set for the coupe,AND the convertible! Any of you guys tried this before? I just want to see what everybody's thoughts are on this.:cool:

04 Mach1
01-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd do it!

QWKSNKE
01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I would be tempted to build my own too now that Kenny Brown is out of business. His was the only connectors I liked.

SvoBrown
01-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Kerry Brown built his own. I used 1"x2" tubing. I got some pics somewhere. I also added 1" tubing to the outside edge where the body comes together. I think it is called a jack rail. then ladder framed it to the subframe.

http://picasaweb.google.com/svobrown/Intercooler

You need to add the seat brace on to it. This was very easy. Just a little bending. Make sure!!! You have the car flat and the weight on the tires. Or the axle and arms.

tacbear
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I would be tempted to build my own too now that Kenny Brown is out of business. His was the only connectors I liked.

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

EHardy1971
01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Kerry Brown built his own. I used 1"x2" tubing. I got some pics somewhere. I also added 1" tubing to the outside edge where the body comes together. I think it is called a jack rail. then ladder framed it to the subframe.

http://picasaweb.google.com/svobrown/Intercooler

You need to add the seat brace on to it. This was very easy. Just a little bending. Make sure!!! You have the car flat and the weight on the tires. Or the axle and arms.
I'm definately doing the seat braces,luckily my floor pans are'nt cracked through,YET! My old '79 Capri's was,and every time I shifted gears I thought I was sitting in a rocking chair! I thought about the jacking rails,they're not that hard to add on are they?

SvoBrown
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Very easy. Steeda may have a set that you can look at. I know a few people that take it to the frame shop and install them on the rack.

03slobra
01-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I got a bunch of chevy valve covers and welded them together for my subframe conn.:jester:

EHardy1971
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I got a bunch of chevy valve covers and welded them together for my subframe conn.:jester:
:spit: