PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Shocks.

Wicked
02-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I was pricing adjustable shocks and came across Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustables for the front. Is 168 a piece a good price? Sounds pretty good to me. I already have adjustables on the rear.

On Steeda's site, they say will not fit 99-02 Cobras. I would think maybe they meant only in the rear.

Does anyone know of any possible differences between the 99-02 Cobra and other struts?

Wicked
02-26-2005, 08:39 AM
NM, I'm stupid. I missed the "*" before. DOH!

But still, is 168/per a good price? How good a shock is this?

Brian, don't you have ajustables on the front?

svopaul
02-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I was pricing adjustable shocks and came across Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustables for the front. Is 168 a piece a good price? Sounds pretty good to me. I already have adjustables on the rear.

On Steeda's site, they say will not fit 99-02 Cobras. I would think maybe they meant only in the rear.

Does anyone know of any possible differences between the 99-02 Cobra and other struts?

The only difference is the IRS rear shocks. Go to www.shox.com...they are teh whores of the shock world. If you want Konis, see me first as I will beat them but for everything else (Tokico, Bilstein, etc) see them ;)

Wicked
02-26-2005, 09:03 AM
If its not too much trouble, price me some Koni Adjustables for the front. I want adjustables to make it handle when it needs to and prevent excess cowl shake on I-20.

Thanks.

Shorty
02-26-2005, 01:52 PM
where are the adjusters on the Konis. that is what we were talking about the Strange that they are under the car.

Wicked
02-26-2005, 04:16 PM
where are the adjusters on the Konis. that is what we were talking about the Strange that they are under the car.

Fronts are up top, rears I'm not sure about. But most rears are down at the bottom.

Italian LX
02-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Fronts are up top, rears I'm not sure about. But most rears are down at the bottom.
The Illuminas have the adjustment on the top for both struts and shock. :yup:

svopaul
02-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Koni Yellows are adjustable at the top on both front and rear. The reds are different...fronts were adjustable up top but the older models were changed to "compress to adjust" type(which I don't care for), I have to verify if that is the case on the newer models as well. The rear reds have always been "compress to adjust" type...meaning you have to unbolt it and compress it to adjust them.

Italian LX
02-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Brian, don't you have ajustables on the front?
I've got Tockico Illuminas at all four corners. They have full sets all day long on Ebay for around $400 shipped for the fox-body cars. You may do a search and see if there's a similar deal for IRS cars.

Shorty
02-26-2005, 04:32 PM
The rear reds have always been "compress to adjust" type...meaning you have to unbolt it and compress it to adjust them.

i just cant see taking the shock lose to adjust it. just to much work. :sleep:

Wicked
02-27-2005, 08:43 AM
i just cant see taking the shock lose to adjust it. just to much work. :sleep:

:werd:

Brian, I think my Horsepower by Herman shocks do a pretty good job and are pretty stiff and rigid on the max stiffness setting, so I really only need the fronts. But yes, I'm keeping my eye out on Ebay.

Thanks

Jugg2Driver
02-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Brad, Check on ebay, I found a set of 4 Illuminas for $393 on ebay.

Matt

Wicked
02-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Brad, Check on ebay, I found a set of 4 Illuminas for $393 on ebay.

Matt

I saw those Matt. I was kinda hoping to buy just the front set.

94five0
03-09-2005, 09:20 PM
brad i've also got the tockico illuminas. got them from drew when he went all Fast an Furious on us..:D

love em. run em soft up front an back an it sticks in the corners.. no noticeble body roll as compared to my busted 120k mile stockers.. coincidentally, one of which that blew on the day I put em on..

for the price, its fathoms above stock.