PDA

View Full Version : 89 project

kennym
02-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I am a newbie on here and glad I found yall,I am building a coupe car thats a bracket2 1/8th mile car.I race now in street class in bracket3 in Mobile, Al.(I live in moss point,ms).
The car will have a Ho 302 all stock but, a few things-I have a E-Cam,Rpm heads,scorpion roller rockers,Air Gap intake,Mac long tube headers,650 double pumper,holley black pump,c-4 tranny with a 3000 stall and shift kit.It has a 3.55 gear now but,will have a 4.56 gear.I have a set of 8 in weld wheels that have 28x10.5 slicks.
The chassis is and I hope I get some of this right,tubular K-member,south side bars,anti roll kit,frame tied together,comp adjustable shocks,moroso front springs,manual brake unit.
The car is set up on blocks and looks rough right now but,Hope to have it ready for next year.I will post pics this week.I am glad I found yall.ps-the info helped out on adjusting my roller rockers on here,thank you.kenny

qkjuicedpony
02-24-2008, 06:07 PM
sounds like a neat project.welcome

89five0Gt
02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
:welcome:

myillwillinc
02-25-2008, 02:31 AM
welcome

kennym
02-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I am a newbie on here and glad I found yall,I am building a coupe car thats a bracket2 1/8th mile car.I race now in street class in bracket3 in Mobile, Al.(I live in moss point,ms).
The car will have a Ho 302 all stock but, a few things-I have a E-Cam,Rpm heads,scorpion roller rockers,Air Gap intake,Mac long tube headers,650 double pumper,holley black pump,c-4 tranny with a 3000 stall and shift kit.It has a 3.55 gear now but,will have a 4.56 gear.I have a set of 8 in weld wheels that have 28x10.5 slicks.
The chassis is and I hope I get some of this right,tubular K-member,south side bars,anti roll kit,frame tied together,comp adjustable shocks,moroso front springs,manual brake unit.
The car is set up on blocks and looks rough right now but,Hope to have it ready for next year.I will post pics this week.I am glad I found yall.ps-the info helped out on adjusting my roller rockers on here,thank you.kennyThank yall for having me,I will update on pics for sure.kenny

blue90lx
02-26-2008, 01:38 AM
welcome. sounds like a good project!:metal:

qkjuicedpony
02-26-2008, 07:51 AM
What is this Bracket Racing you speak of???

I thought a Bracket was what held your alternator on:D:D

coupe
02-26-2008, 08:17 AM
:lol: @ qkjuiced...

:welcome:

kennym
02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I like that one but,I dont have a alternator(LOL),At mobile Dragway we run Bracket races that are basically some people call budget race.You pretty much just try and run on you time you dial in and hope you can cut a good light.Bracket 1 is for the fast guys and electronics,Bracket 2 is for us foot brakers and no electronics and bracket 3 is for street class.I kinda like it but,I would like sometime just would like to try heads up only.We will be trying a foot brake class once a month that will be on a pro tree.the guys are already into the 00 lights.I wonder if there is a box some where on them(LOL).thank kenny

QWKSNKE
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I like that one but,I dont have a alternator(LOL),At mobile Dragway we run Bracket races that are basically some people call budget race.You pretty much just try and run on you time you dial in and hope you can cut a good light.Bracket 1 is for the fast guys and electronics,Bracket 2 is for us foot brakers and no electronics and bracket 3 is for street class.I kinda like it but,I would like sometime just would like to try heads up only.We will be trying a foot brake class once a month that will be on a pro tree.the guys are already into the 00 lights.I wonder if there is a box some where on them(LOL).thank kenny

he was just :poke: with you.

kennym
03-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Oops,didnt see that one,sorry.