PDA

View Full Version : still needing tranny

tayzoid1
04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
i am still in need of a transmission i got one put it in and bam just my luck its needing a rebuild also so if anybody has any good smooth shifting t-5s for sale give me a pm no factory pull offs w/ 100k of "easy shifting" looking for a very recent rebuilt t-5 thanks

taylor

qkjuicedpony
04-07-2008, 06:49 AM
astro perfomance has new t-5's for 695 exchanged

coupe
04-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Not sure what the nature of your transmission issues are, but just make sure that you're not mixing & matching a foxbody trans with an SN95 bellhousing. The input shaft length is wrong and the trans breaks after a short time.

Italian LX
04-07-2008, 07:29 AM
i am still in need of a transmission i got one put it in and bam just my luck its needing a rebuild also...
Is it making noise or just won't shift?

tayzoid1
04-07-2008, 10:37 PM
supposedly came out of a v-8 car but the tail shaft as abit diffrent than my factory and it leaks abit when the driveshaft is spinning when you sitting at a redlight and you push ing the clutch it will grind until it finnally catches 1st then bump, not grind just bump/cruch into gears we put it in a buddys fairlane and itwas supposedly rebuilt when he got it i think it came out of a 6cyl car and i think enphisize think the gearing in the tranny are diffrent. ive tried adjusting the clutch, i figgured it just wasnt pulling all they way off the plate so it was still spinning or something but all the adjustments in the world(that i have done) hasent seemed to fix this problem so back out the tranny comes(on the floor w/ hand tools of course)and i am getting my money bacjk but i am thinking about going qkjuicedpony's route and go throught the company he named (which i would like to have more info or a phone #if anybody knows where i can find one)to get the tranny that way i know what ill be getting and hopefully not have to pull this thoing out till i break it becouse of power (or he next 170k of slap stickin:jester:) thanks all

taylor

banditmwp
04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
supposedly came out of a v-8 car but the tail shaft as abit diffrent than my factory and it leaks abit when the driveshaft is spinning when you sitting at a redlight and you push ing the clutch it will grind until it finnally catches 1st then bump, not grind just bump/cruch into gears we put it in a buddys fairlane and itwas supposedly rebuilt when he got it i think it came out of a 6cyl car and i think enphisize think the gearing in the tranny are diffrent. ive tried adjusting the clutch, i figgured it just wasnt pulling all they way off the plate so it was still spinning or something but all the adjustments in the world(that i have done) hasent seemed to fix this problem so back out the tranny comes(on the floor w/ hand tools of course)and i am getting my money bacjk but i am thinking about going qkjuicedpony's route and go throught the company he named (which i would like to have more info or a phone #if anybody knows where i can find one)to get the tranny that way i know what ill be getting and hopefully not have to pull this thoing out till i break it becouse of power (or he next 170k of slap stickin:jester:) thanks all

taylor

http://www.astroperformance.com :nice:

tayzoid1
04-08-2008, 08:47 PM

tayzoid1
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
okay so i looked on the site and it said they were 1,395 bucks thats a little more than 695 anybody know where i can get that price?

tayzoid1
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM
sorry im a dumbass i found what i was lookin for :doh:

thanks all

taylor

EHardy1971
04-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Look in todays buy sell bulletin in the parts section,somebody has 2 for $300,"One in running condition,the other questionable".

tayzoid1
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
i have one that i can drive it just grinds into firds and bumps into second i am wanting something to make my car feel like i came off the showroom floor

qkjuicedpony
04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Spend the money and get a brand new one then

tayzoid1
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
will the astro performance one not be up to par?

qkjuicedpony
04-10-2008, 08:44 PM
It will be..

tayzoid1
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
kewl thatl be the one then