PDA

View Full Version : Project "ice ice baby"

DSkeet
04-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I keep trying to think of a nickname for my newest project and all I can think about is: "rollin' in my 5.0 wit my ragtop down so my hair can blow!" So I am thinking of calling it project "ice ice baby"...Kinda lame but kinda funny. I have decided to make this a straight up road car. I love the road racing look and think this car is a good candidate. I would like to create something along the lines of Sanzio's(sp?) vert. THAT is one mean MF car, well it was when he had it, I heard it was still pretty mean now that Dave has it. 347 stroker now I think??? Anyone seen it lately??? I haven't seen it in years with that t-bird front end on it...

04 Mach1
04-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Its a coupe!!!!!!! Last I heard it was in GA parked under some pine trees with to flat tires. Its a shame. I'm still trying to buy that car even though its nothing like it use to be.

DSkeet
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Marc, I think we can let me slide on that one....I have plenty of excuses for my memory not being up to par over the years!!! Still a badass car!!! BTW, Matt is giving me a new dist, wanna put it on? LOL, on yeah man come on find something you need that I can trade you for the exhaust and x pipe..I need that bad, I wanna do my suspension but there is no way I can get in the drive with the oem exhaust and those c springs...

89five0Gt
04-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I remember that coupe. that car was badass. DSkeet, was your vert sitting at Acupalco(sp) earlier this week?

DSkeet
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I remember that coupe. that car was badass. DSkeet, was your vert sitting at Acupalco(sp) earlier this week?

Yup, I left it there to go to Olive Garden with my wife...

ncontt
04-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Yup, I left it there to go to Olive Garden with my wife...

chicks dig olive garden...lol

DSkeet
04-13-2008, 12:54 PM
chicks dig olive garden...lol

I dig it too! Damn that stuff is so good...

banditmwp
04-13-2008, 06:07 PM
I saw this car in person today...hell of a deal :chug: Wheels/springs look awesome too!

DSkeet
04-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I saw this car in person today...hell of a deal :chug: Wheels/springs look awesome too!

thanks dude, i'm waiting for the rear to settle...right now it has that redneck look going on....

Italian LX
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
thanks dude, i'm waiting for the rear to settle...
Make sure the control arms were tighted while weight was on the wheels; otherwise, it could jack the rear up a bit more than it should be.

DSkeet
04-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Make sure the control arms were tighted while weight was on the wheels; otherwise, it could jack the rear up a bit more than it should be.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to tell me (stupid me)

Italian LX
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to tell me (stupid me)
Was the car on jack stands (or a frame lift) when the rear control arms were tighted or was it setting on the ground (or a drive-on lift)?

If the suspension was extended when the bolts were tightened, then the control arms would tend to stay extended when the car was let back down... this would give the car more lift than it really should have.

banditmwp
04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Was the car on jack stands (or a frame lift) when the rear control arms were tighted or was it setting on the ground (or a drive-on lift)?

If the suspension was extended when the bolts were tightened, then the control arms would tend to stay extended when the car was let back down... this would give the car more lift than it really should have.

:think:

I don't recall loosening the control arms when I did mine...all I did was drop the shocks and let the whole rear end fall down.

04 Mach1
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I have done it both ways.

Jack the rear of the car up on the diff. Lossen control arm bolts. Did the suspension settle down at all??? Then retighten bolts.

TheJeanyus
04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
:think:

I don't recall loosening the control arms when I did mine...all I did was drop the shocks and let the whole rear end fall down.
:werd:

DSkeet
04-15-2008, 07:12 AM
I put the car on jack stands and loosened both shocks. Then I pushed the assembly down far enough to get the spring out...(I think that's all I loosened) I may have loosened more I can't remember, my memory is mush...I will take a gander at it again...

coupe
04-15-2008, 02:25 PM
I put the car on jack stands and loosened both shocks. Then I pushed the assembly down far enough to get the spring out

x2 :stupid: