PDA

View Full Version : 4cyl springs

tayzoid1
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
picked up some bacouse they were almost out of a car (all i had to do was kick it and they fell out) so i goit them for like 10 bucks will they improve the lauch of my car i have heard so many myths but i fuggured might as well they were right there and i gues they cant hurt to have extras any insite would be great

rtusnake
04-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Yes they will help some. Unhook the front swaybar and put those in. You will 60 better on the cheap. They may also lower your car some as well.

tayzoid1
04-14-2008, 09:46 AM
will my road manners go to shit when i unhook my sway bar and when you unhook it do i need to tak it compleatly out or just undo the endlinks and make sure it dont fall down(sorry never done anything like this before

97cobrasvt
04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
will my road manners go to shit when i unhook my sway bar and when you unhook it do i need to tak it compleatly out or just undo the endlinks and make sure it dont fall down(sorry never done anything like this before

Just take it all the way out. And your handling will be fine it just will not take curves as good as it ones did. It will have more body roll.

militarymustang88gt
04-14-2008, 10:34 AM
yeah just undo the end links at the track. it will be like driving a old lincoln town car with the air bags messed up and shot tie rods.

coupe
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I unhooked my swaybar for a while...it's not bad, but when I hooked it back up, it drove soooo much better. If you need to disconnect your swaybar to go faster, then you need to make some more power! :yup:

waypastcrazy
04-14-2008, 02:32 PM
I had a 306 with stock windsor heads amd run consitent 13.59 all day with sway bar and without. it was in a 91 4 cylinder hatch all stock suspension and full interior seen no improvement