PDA

View Full Version : 85-93 Hydralic Clutch Conversion ??????

mustangsteve
04-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I have a 91 coupe and was thinking of a hydralic clutch conversion and wondering if it has/or can be done ???? If so what will make the best doner car to get the parts I will need ????

banditmwp
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
:think:

why? :shrug:

Not knocking it...it's yo thang, do what you wanna do!! It's just that personally I can't see me going back to a hydraulic sponge...I mean clutch.

A good donor would probably be something like a Toyota or Nissan truck setup, but you'd have to do some fabbing.

EHardy1971
04-19-2008, 01:29 PM
:agree: It would take a LOT of fabbing and modding to do it,and more trouble than it's really worth IMHO.Are you having problems with the cable setup?

QWKSNKE
04-19-2008, 03:22 PM
I think Ford Rangers are hydraulic but I am unsure what will convert over

banditmwp
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Ford Rangers are hydraulic but I am unsure what will convert over

they use a Mazda design tranny which has an internal slave cylinder made to the tob that won't fit a t-5

mustangsteve
04-19-2008, 06:51 PM
:agree: It would take a LOT of fabbing and modding to do it,and more trouble than it's really worth IMHO.Are you having problems with the cable setup?

No I'am not having any trouble, I just drove a couple of mine friends cars with a hydralic clutch and like how they shift.

coupe
04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Tilton or Quartermaster probably make a hydraulic slave/TOB for it. Another place to check would be Keisler Engineering...they do clutch/trans packages for several conversions...they use hydraulics on some applications.

SlowJoe
04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
87-88 t-bird turbo coupe came stock hyd clutch. swaped my 87 from hyd to cable from mustang clutch pedals and all went right in. i may have complete bolt in set up for u. will have to look and see u can have it if i still have it.

o i think u need the bell housing from t-bird to. think i have a few of them unless u are v8