PDA

View Full Version : Italian LX.....Trans Problems

qkjuicedpony
05-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Are you still having issues with your tko trans shifting into third????

If so call down to Pro-Motion and get with them.

They have the fix for the newer tko 500/600's

It will cost around $200 for both parts to fix it...Or if you want to send the trans back to them they will more than likely get Tremec to cover it under a warranty.

I chose to order these a while back for a guy and just got around to installing them.

You can shift this tko600 at any rpm now with no problems at all.

Just letting you know

Italian LX
05-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I talked to Walt last year about the issue, and he told he would try to gt it covered under warranrty. However, he also said that if it wasn't covered, that it would end up costing me around $800 (inclusing shipping back and forth) for the repair.

I haven't had the money to take the chance it costing that much so I've been holding out on sending it to them. I figured I would maybe at least wait until their Georgia facility was up and running that way it would save me the shipping cost by me driving it over there and picking it up. Not sure if that would be an option or not, but I figured that it would be worth a try.

To be honest, I haven't really persued the issue since I talked to him. I'm not even sure what progess (if any) has been made on their new facility.

Thanks for the info. :nice:

qkjuicedpony
05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
If you feel like doing it yourself.It is pretty straightforward to do.

Italian LX
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
If you feel like doing it yourself.It is pretty straightforward to do.
I had planned on doing a rebuild myself from the bginning, but when he said that I may be able to get it covered under warranty, I decided to just leave it alone for now.

Which parts are replaced to fix the problem?

qkjuicedpony
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I replaced the lugs on the shift fork as well as the fork itself...I think their name is a power finger or some shit like that

The car I did makes 500rwhp and I have beat the shit out of it for a while with absolutley no missed shifts