PDA

View Full Version : 9 inch axle ends or c clip eliminater

SlowJoe
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
the c clip eliminators for my car are like 229 a set. and i have not found out anything on 9 inch axle ends yet. is there a shop around here that does the 9 inch axle ends and what price am i looking at on get them put on? i broke a axle last night and think god it did not run out. i have to have something done before i lunch it like that again! thx

ChipR4cam
05-02-2008, 04:51 PM
the c clip eliminators for my car are like 229 a set. and i have not found out anything on 9 inch axle ends yet. is there a shop around here that does the 9 inch axle ends and what price am i looking at on get them put on? i broke a axle last night and think god it did not run out. i have to have something done before i lunch it like that again! thx

I wouldn't worry about either of those under 500rwhp. You are probably looking at 400-600 parts and labor for the ends. That's just an educated guess though. A chassis shop will be your best bet. They would have to have a jig for it.

04 Mach1
05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Your rotors will and caliber will keep the axle from walking out. I haven't heard of folks running disc brakes and c-clip eliminators. If it was me I'd simply order a set of us alloy or yukon axles and bet the piss out of them. They are supposed to be like 35% stronger and come with at least a 2 year warrenty. I have just recently up graded my axles the stockers saw a couple of 10's second passes.

Italian LX
05-02-2008, 06:16 PM
I haven't heard of folks running disc brakes and c-clip eliminators.
Safety regulations requires the elimination of C-clips for cars running 10.99 or faster. ;)

Dale McPeters
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I would recommend something such as this > http://www.moserengineering.com/Pages/Housing-Ends/housingends.html <

Part #7700

It is the the small bearing 9" axle housing ends.

Or something similiar from some of the other vendors such as Strange Engineering etc.

The C-Clip eliminators that I have seen all tend to leak if you do a lot of street driving....... YMMV

03slobra
05-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Safety regulations requires the elimination of C-clips for cars running 10.99 or faster. ;)Nobody has ever looked under my car or asked if i had c clip elim. those tech guys let alot slide at ffw.imo.

Italian LX
05-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Nobody has ever looked under my car or asked if i had c clip elim. those tech guys let alot slide at ffw.imo.
Oh, I didn't imply that you wouldn't be able to race at any particular event; I was just stating the SFI regulation.

We all know how extremely laxed FFW tech is.

SlowJoe
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM
i just dont want my rear qrt folded up.

Italian LX
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
i just dont want my rear qrt folded up.
As mentioned before, your disk brakes will hold the axles in. No need to spend the extra money at the level you're at right now.

qkjuicedpony
05-02-2008, 08:52 PM
The disc brakes will hold the axle in....

As for the C clip Elim and 9" Housing ends.....To do it properly costs a good bit.

I have over 2k in my rearend alone

Dale McPeters
05-15-2008, 08:20 AM
The disc brakes will hold the axle in....

I always forget that not everyone has access to welding machines and a shop... sorry about that...

But one thing to keep in mind about the above statement is that you take a chance of bending the caliper brackets etc. etc.

The 9" ends that I posted about can be installed quite easily for those that have done it before. And the cost is normally about $150-$200 for parts.

qkjuicedpony
05-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I always forget that not everyone has access to welding machines and a shop... sorry about that...

But one thing to keep in mind about the above statement is that you take a chance of bending the caliper brackets etc. etc.

The 9" ends that I posted about can be installed quite easily for those that have done it before. And the cost is normally about $150-$200 for parts.

Oh I know:D:D

But some people like to save a buck now so they can spend double later:D:D

SlowJoe
05-15-2008, 08:43 AM
yea i think it bent the brace a little. i got good axles in it now maybe i will do that upgrade next year

1Quik85GT
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
go with the 9in tubes, now, you're regret it later!!! Your rear end will be much stronger with the 9in tubes. Also put a brace behind the rear end that will go from one tube to the other. You'll never have to look at this again!!!!!!