PDA

View Full Version : Question about stock 5.0 Harmonic balancer

darkside
05-12-2008, 11:41 PM
okay, looking at my balancer, its thin, then it gets wide. my question is, are the timing marks only on the wide part? i cleaned it off with PB rust eater and wiped it real good with a Scotch bright pad. and looked it over really good with a BRIGHT LED light, i see no numbers. just notches.so is the notch on the very middle of the wide part 0? or what? this is beginning to be a Mother****. I'll try to take pic's of it if anyone needs to see exactly what i am talking about

militarymustang88gt
05-12-2008, 11:54 PM
brillo pad it get some white out and mark the ten degree before tdc and give it a little more away from zero from that mark.

darkside
05-13-2008, 02:10 AM
any of them could be that mark, i have no idea what those holes or anything mean LOL that is what i am trying to figure out

militarymustang88gt
05-13-2008, 06:47 AM
there should be one big line. that is zero. look to the left and you will see other marks. there should be some somewhat short ones than one inbetween the big long one and the somewhat short ones in lenth and the first one is 10*.

darkside
05-13-2008, 05:05 PM
ok, the big line is 0. to the left of that is retard to the right is advance, according to the Haynes manual. i should have it from here then. unless the dist is a tooth off or something.