PDA

View Full Version : A note of Thanks

CrimsonRacing
06-01-2008, 04:18 PM
as most of you know I have been putting together parts for about a year to begin the mods on my '94.

In February Lee,myself and ItalianLX started what was to be a weekend head and cam swap.

Well......couple of broken bolts in the block and the weekend ended real quick......Another block was bought and after building it,there were blow-by issues,so that motor was removed.

Marc found an unassembled 306 and the build began again.

On Friday after alot of sweat,aggrivation,stress,sleepless nites and a HEFTY increase in the budget I brought my car home.

I'd like to express my thanks to the following people.

Preston:for the heads and cam
Robert:for the MSD6al and coil
Tommy:for alot of input and advice and offering to help with the project before he was sent out of town to work.
Coupe:for listening to many,many phone calls from me with questions,and his advice on the build as well.
Matt:for getting better prices on parts than I could have ever done and alot of well applied advice also.
Joseph:for stopping off the interstate with Matt while in the process of moving to a new home to get parts bound for the '94.
QkJuiced:for tons of advice and input,a motor that he thought was working fine.(which to his dissapointment was not)...Offering to complete the build so Lee and Shelly could persue their moving options.(before he received permanent brain damage :jester: from being hit in the head with a piston)
ItalianLX:for his help,advice,input and that comic relief we seemed to need at just the right time.

and finally.......

Lee and Mark:for compromising their usual rates to help a friend in NEED.Keeping a positive outlook during the what seemed to be constant bumps in the road and also keeping me positive.Working after hours,taking days off and working at their homes to finally give me the car I had desired.

I now have actually more than I ever expected from these modifications and feel confident that my car will last a very long time.

If not for the help from everyone listed above,my dream of a better car would still be just a dream.

My sincere thanks to you all.......:metal:

Richard
CrimsonRacing

QWKSNKE
06-01-2008, 04:28 PM
No problem. Glad I could help out and glad the car is back home.

Oh yeah, that motor is not a 306. Its more like a 304.5-305 ci. Its only bored .020 over. (306's are .030 over)

banditmwp
06-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Glad I could help and glad you are happy with it.

Surprising what a set of heads can do, isn't it? :nice:

CrimsonRacing
06-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Surprising what a set of heads can do, isn't it? :nice:

and cam,lifters,rockers,new block,crank,pistons,tb,injectors,bearings,rods,rin gs,MAF..........:jester:

But...........YES....the car pulls DAMN good............

:metal:

mustang1549
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
where are the pics at richard? like to see what it looks like.

CrimsonRacing
06-01-2008, 07:34 PM
where are the pics at richard? like to see what it looks like.

well Chad....you have plenty of choices.........

first engine out
second engine out
progress pics of final engine
and....completed engine in car pics..........

feel free to choose any you wanna and I'll post 'em up........

coupe
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Any time Richard! :metal:

rtusnake
06-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Post all the pics. Maybe start a thread in the project car section with the pics.

Italian LX
06-02-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm glad I could help out some. Sorry I couldn't have been more available during the later stages of the project.

04 Mach1
06-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Glad to help ya out! 3RD times a charm turned out alot better then the first 2.

CrimsonRacing
06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm glad I could help out some. Sorry I couldn't have been more available during the later stages of the project.

Then there would have been 4 frustrated people,Brian.........:jester: