brought me me new radiator..........

Maybe this will end my overheating issues.....:banana: :banana:

:metal:

EHardy1971
06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice!,Griffin,or Fluidyne?

CrimsonRacing
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
actually Eric......it is from CSX Racing..............

with the money I've spent in the last 3 months,I couldn't afford either of those,but I am quite pleased.

SlowJoe
06-13-2008, 06:38 PM
sweet:metal:

EHardy1971
06-13-2008, 06:53 PM
actually Eric......it is from CSX Racing..............

with the money I've spent in the last 3 months,I couldn't afford either of those,but I am quite pleased.

Sweet!:nice:

QWKSNKE
06-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I must have missed something. Are you having a overheating issue?

CrimsonRacing
06-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I must have missed something. Are you having a overheating issue?

yeah.............ever since I changed out the sending unit for the temp gauge,it has been belching fluid out of the overflow........

I tried to burp the system,but it is still doing it.I have got to get this issue resolved before the trip to Florida....

also bought a Sun Pro manual temp gauge which will be installed on Sunday along with the Rad........

waypastcrazy
06-14-2008, 07:40 AM
I have to burp mine every time I touch the cooling system.I have to leave the water hose in rad on medium flow till engine goes through a few heat cycles. air gets trapped in the top of the engine and has to be gotten out.lol good luck sounds like a sweet ride.

CrimsonRacing
06-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Changed the Rad today and the temp is staying right between 180 and 190......

Even the temp gauge is working correctly...........:banana:

Burped the system and everything seems to be just fine now.........

qkjuicedpony
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Outstanding!!!!!

:D

waypastcrazy
06-14-2008, 07:37 PM
That's great man!I bet the fan hardly ever has to turn on.

Craig K.
06-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Richard, who did u buy that radiator through, and if you don't mind, how much was it?

CrimsonRacing
06-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Richard, who did u buy that radiator through, and if you don't mind, how much was it?

Craig..................EDT Motors on Ebay............The Radiator is from CSX Racing.........

$185 shipped............

CrimsonRacing
06-15-2008, 10:54 AM
as a side note............I have learned 2 things during the radiator swap.

1-never believe the words "fits just like OEM".......If it is not OEM,then it NEVER fits right........Bit of adjusting and alot of CUSSING,but it fits now...:jester:

2-anytime you change from a single row to a 2 row,there is MUCH less room on the front of the engine and you quickly learn that there is a definite order to putting things back in.

i.e:tranny cooling lines always need to go back on before installing the cooling fan.....and never forget that the lower rad hose goes behind the cooling lines,not above them..:banghead:

Watching and helping Lee and Marc tear the car down taught me quite a bit more than I realized.......Shit comes apart alot easier when you've either removed it yourself or watched it being removed before.

I am very pleased with my car now and look forward to getting the new gears installed and making a few passes on track day.

Finally I feel like I can represent myself atleast better than ever before.

and one more thing......NEVER try to tighten the lower hose bracket to the water pump with the car running.....Especially if you have long hair.....

Italian LX
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
....and one more thing......NEVER try to tighten the lower hose bracket to the water pump with the car running.....Especially if you have long hair.....
I hope you're all right, Richard. :huh:

Craig K.
06-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks Richard....

Did you finally get a hair cut?

CrimsonRacing
06-15-2008, 05:40 PM
No injuries other than to my ego..........

Kinda felt stupid when the belt grabbed my hair,but fortunately it only had a few strands and I was able to jump back before it took my head off.

Lesson learned..............:jester: