PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Orlando FFW spring shoot..

Wickd GT
03-06-2005, 06:51 PM
and here is a picture at the burnout box. The next picture is what happen at launch, I had the motor on kill, I had the tune up from hell and look what happend.... I check the motor and compression is fine, but the rear end at the top of it when the traction lock broke it hit so hard that it made a hole on the top, so I have to replace it complete. That is what happens when you have over 700ft lbs at the wheels...

Wicked
03-06-2005, 07:06 PM
So you didn't even make a pass? That sucks.

Hope you had fun though. :nice:

Wickd GT
03-06-2005, 07:27 PM
So you didn't even make a pass? That sucks.

Hope you had fun though. :nice:

Made a motor pass, that track is shity track worst than commerce, on motor the car almost goes around me. I did have fun and my Son too.

Edgar

QWKSNKE
03-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Hate to see that Edgar. Do you have access to another housing?

1sicklx
03-06-2005, 07:34 PM
now that's power :eek: blow holes in mufflers, break traction lock... what's up next??

BTW, you need to post ur times on the E/T database ;)

Wickd GT
03-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Hate to see that Edgar. Do you have access to another housing?

Yes I do have another housing here with the ends cut for the c clip eliminators. I'm just debating if I'm going to put a spool with the 28 spline moser that I already have, or see if Paul has a set laing around that he wants to sell. I got to get new gears too. So hopefully I have it ready for FFW in Atlanta.

Edgar

Craig K.
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Edgar,
Hate to hear that. Have you thought of going to a 9"?

TheJeanyus
03-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Damn that sucks.

Wickd GT
03-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Edgar,
Hate to hear that. Have you thought of going to a 9"?

I would love to put a 9", but don't have the funs for it.

Edgar

EZ SPEED
03-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Sucks Edgar...but Glad you got to go :nice:

NightHawk756
03-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Definately sucks man. It's always something with our beloved hobby! Oh well, it's what keeps us going I guess! :jester:

Glad you got to go!

Wickd GT
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Definately sucks man. It's always something with our beloved hobby! Oh well, it's what keeps us going I guess! :jester:

Glad you got to go!

Well, I worked on it this afternoon back from work, and could not get the driveshaft out of the tranny, the drive shaft looks staright and the yoke too, but it is very hard to turn the tranny in neutral, so I think something happend with the planetaries. I pulled the axles and they are perfect, not one spline is twisted, they just look like when I put them on when new. So, it looks like I'm going to have to go with a 28spline spool, so the tranny can be fix. This is starting to piss me off, if I don't have the funds, I guess race season is over for me early.

Edgar

Italian LX
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry to hear that, Edgar.

. . . but you better not give up for the season and you better be at FFW Atlanta. :tlash:

:D

Wickd GT
03-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear that, Edgar.

. . . but you better not give up for the season and you better be at FFW Atlanta. :tlash:

Lets see what happens.

Wickd GT
03-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Rest of the damage, tomorrow I'll have the tranny out and hope for the best.

QWKSNKE
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Damn!! You did a good job on the 's' spring and pin :huh:

Italian LX
03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Damn!! You did a good job on the 's' spring and pin :huh:
I don't see an S-spring. :think:

QWKSNKE
03-09-2005, 07:13 AM
You should see 2 of them :D

Italian LX
03-09-2005, 07:37 AM
You should see 2 of them :D
I think I see two W-springs. :shrug:

Wickd GT
03-09-2005, 07:56 AM
I think I see two W-springs. :shrug:

You should see the hole on top of the housing. By the way, this is what I'm looking at to get foolow the linky

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959701114&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

QWKSNKE
03-09-2005, 10:34 AM
looks like a good buy

Wickd GT
03-09-2005, 02:43 PM
looks like a good buy

Acutally I found a bettr deal at racingjunk.com and found the P2000FM kit, 33 spline, c clip eliminator Turf Pro race axles, spool and 3" studs for 594.00 shipped to my door. The one on e-bay was without the studs was 549.00 and shipping was 42.00 plus insurance and he wanted to be paid by Pay Pal which makes me pay by credit card an additional 2.9%. I bought replacement bushings for my upper control arms and have not decided if I want to put the UPR sperical bushings on the rear end housing, or go with the polys.

Edgar

96GTS
03-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Acutally I found a bettr deal at racingjunk.com and found the P2000FM kit, 33 spline, c clip eliminator Turf Pro race axles, spool and 3" studs for 594.00 shipped to my door. The one on e-bay was without the studs was 549.00 and shipping was 42.00 plus insurance and he wanted to be paid by Pay Pal which makes me pay by credit card an additional 2.9%. I bought replacement bushings for my upper control arms and have not decided if I want to put the UPR sperical bushings on the rear end housing, or go with the polys.

Edgar
Go w/ the sphericals. I have them...good stuff ;)

Might want to also look into a girdle and main studs if you dont already use them. The also have billet main caps, but I'm not sure on the cost of those...

Wickd GT
03-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Go w/ the sphericals. I have them...good stuff ;)

Might want to also look into a girdle and main studs if you dont already use them. The also have billet main caps, but I'm not sure on the cost of those...

I have all a long time ago, a regular cover would of exploded at the track and oil the launch pad, I have the LPW and caps. I fix the tranny yesterday and put it in today, and have checked everything, so next thing is wait for the stuff to get tome and put the rear end together, and an antiroll bar is on its way too.

Edgar

96GTS
03-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I have all a long time ago, a regular cover would of exploded at the track and oil the launch pad, I have the LPW and caps. I fix the tranny yesterday and put it in today, and have checked everything, so next thing is wait for the stuff to get tome and put the rear end together, and an antiroll bar is on its way too.

Edgar
Thats what I figured, but wasnt sure;)

You get those 1.3-1.4s using just airbags?? You're gonna love the bar. I only cut low 1.5s and it made a HUGE difference coming out of the whole :metal: