PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Headlights

blue90lx
07-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm going to call latemodelrestoration in the morning, but i was just wondering if anybody has had trouble with there headlights retaining water? If LMR can't help me what do you guys suggest? Drill a hole in the bottom to let the water drain out or what? In info would be great. Thanks

stangman
07-08-2008, 05:21 AM
The only thing I know you can do is drill a hole! The ones that i have been buying, have aready had the holes in them. LMR probably will replace them!

blue90lx
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Called LMR and they couldn't help at all. So i took the headlight off and sprayed air into it to dry it up and get all the moisture off. Then used some clear silcone. Needless to say its working perfect and no leaks yet. Thanks stangman for the help man.

ujslost
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
HA! Now ya know why I aint buying those.
I told you 2 weeks ago to drill a hole.-Tyler

blue90lx
07-18-2008, 10:08 AM
HA! Now ya know why I aint buying those.
I told you 2 weeks ago to drill a hole.-Tyler

Drill a hole? It's just fine with the silcone i put on it and they don't leak at all. Besides i'm still glad i bought them.

ujslost
08-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Hey Robert, since you dont call or come around anymore!
Wanted to tell ya that these headlights I bought have yet to leak. Even after this huge rain we got from "FAY". I havent done anything to them either like drill a hole or silicone.
Glad you got yours fixed, they look good on your car bro.

qkjuicedpony
08-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Ive had mine in for a few weeks and no leaks yet...but it does stay in a garage 95 percent of them time.

Now i have to get my fog lights back on

95cobra
08-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Ive had mine in for a few weeks and no leaks yet...but it does stay in a garage 95 percent of them time.

whered you buy your head lights from? looks great

qkjuicedpony
08-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Mustangs Unlimited...$199.95

I just had a set of foglights smoked by my painter to match the headlights.

I hope to get them back on this afternoon

ujslost
08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I need some brighter bulbs. I can see anything unless I have my HI beams on.

TheJeanyus
08-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Those look good. It'll look great with matching fogs. :nice:

I'm surprised there isn't anything "shiny" in the lower grill though. :turbo: :jester:

qkjuicedpony
08-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Those look good. It'll look great with matching fogs. :nice:

I'm surprised there isn't anything "shiny" in the lower grill though. :turbo: :jester:

There just may be something sitting in the garage...Ive always wanted a billet grille in my car:D:D