PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda GL 1200 Aspencade

Dale McPeters
07-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Well I know this is not a car but I am going to post it anyway. :D

I am working on this bike for a friend of mine at work. I will post pictures of the broken parts later.......It is nothing fancy just a good bike for cruising.

A picture of bike after I stripped it down to get the broken parts off.

Dale McPeters
07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Well the rear tire & used wheel came in yesterday. Should get most of the major items back together this week / weekend. Rear final drive flange is in.

New cam timing belts are on etc.

Could not post pictures last night as digital camera batteries were dead.

If anyone needs parts for older goldwing motorcycles here is the place we have been using > www.usedgoldwingparts.com <

Mike has shipped every item we have had to order in a timely manner.

Will post pictures later tonight if batteries are charged.

QWKSNKE
07-30-2008, 05:46 PM
LOL. Can you remember where all the pieces go

Dale McPeters
07-30-2008, 06:51 PM
LOL. Can you remember where all the pieces go

Well I remember where the cam covers go in the front..........but uhhhh the rest of them may be a problem....:lol:

Dale McPeters
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Well cam drive belts are installed....

Dale McPeters
07-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Here is a picture of the old rear wheel and the new used one. Notice how the final drive flange dampeners are completely destroyed on the old one.
Newer one is on the right side below...also replaced rear tire.
The dampeners are no longer available from honda or any dealer nationwide. That is the reason for the new/used wheel purchase....

Dale McPeters
07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
This is the old and new/used final drive flange showing the splines destroyed on the one that came off the bike. The other is the one we ordered from used goldwing parts.
Good one is on the left side in the picture below...:p
The reason that the splines are wore so badly is that someone had installed the wrong final drive flange sometime in the past...more than likely a honda dealership because as far as we know that is the only ones that have worked on the bike before......

Added close up of old final drive flange showing where the spilnes used to be......:lol:

Dale McPeters
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
A picture of the final drive unit with the new/used final drive flange set in place.

Dale McPeters
07-31-2008, 07:14 PM
New wires and coils. Coils are located where my finger is pointing. My hands were not small enough so I had to take the entire bracket off to get them installed...:nono: