PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid of Speed - Where do you rank?

Sendero
03-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Clickable Link (http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm)

I'm on the Autocross rung. :jester:

Italian LX
03-08-2005, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes:

joker
03-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Autocrossers are viewed as crossdressers who think that danger and excitement is narrowly missing a plastic safety cone by two inches at 35 mph, and live by a rule book about their car specs that is bigger than the Bible. There is a lot of risk and danger in autocrossing.....hell, if you screw up, you could end up with a couple of plastic safety cones tangled up in your front grill. Does Michael Schumacher autocross? Would he ever spend time dodging safety cones? Did Kimi Raikonen make it to Formula One as a nineteen year old by driving solo in a parking lot? Hell no, Kimi made the leap to Formula One because he was the karting champ of Finland, doing wheel-to-wheel shifter karts, not by driving around stationary cones. If autocross was really exciting, you would see the Cone Dodger's National Championships on ESPN or Speedvision. But no use having an autocross on TV because, uh...quite frankly, no one cares.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ChipR4cam
03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Ohhhhhhkaaaaaaayyy.

So that guy is cool because he wrote all this crap down...........nice.

Wicked
03-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Clickable Link (http://www.nsxfiles.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm)

I'm on the Autocross rung. :jester:

Hey,
Didn't Brandon in his little Talon outrank you on in the autocross results this weekend? :jester:

Sendero
03-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey,
Didn't Brandon in his little Talon outrank you on in the autocross results this weekend? :jester:

Yeah he did. Your point is? :shrug:

Wicked
03-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah he did. Your point is? :shrug:

Does he have any mods Mr. AutoCross?

Sendero
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM

Why yes he does, Mr. CantAverage. Also factor in experience in Autocross which I have zero of. Seems to be some trash talking coming from someone that needs to come out April 3rd. :jester:

svopaul
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Well I don't agree with some of the statements especially the W2W outlook because I haven't seen it....but I say I fall on the line between Time Trialers and Wheel 2 Wheel racers on this pyramid only because I HAVE baited someone to follow me into an offramp and watched them spin out into the guardrail in my rearview mirror :D.....actually thinking back I've done this more than a few times but only have 2 confirmed "kills" as they lost control :D

BUT...with that said I don't think that his "pyramid" is a fair assessment....each level has its own merits and skills. Put Mr. W2W on a dragstrip against an experienced racer and he will lose on the tree every time...different versions, different skills at times. ;)

Italian LX
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
BUT...with that said I don't think that his "pyramid" is a fair assessment....each level has its own merits and skills. Put Mr. W2W on a dragstrip against an experienced racer and he will lose on the tree every time...different versions, different skills at times. ;)
Yeah, it's obvious his little pyramid theory is biased, but you have to read the editor's note at the bottom.

Editor's note: Hey, if you offended by this, please make sure you read the context of where it came from, at www.nsxfiles.com/s2k_laguna.htm. I just isolated here to make it easier to refer to. If it still offends you because you feel you have been categorized too low on the "pyramid"....remember....it is supposed to be humorous and sarcastic. It's an ffing joke! <grin>

So, in all reality, that pyramid is one of the most useless peice of information ever posted on a forum... period. :D

coupe
03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
That was a great read. Pretty accurate IMO; I like their magazine selections! :rofl:

99LS1
03-09-2005, 10:35 AM

I have KYB Gr2s (stock replacement shocks) and a 1" rear swaybar. I've also autocrossed several times before. But I think this past weekend was the 3rd time I've auto-crossed the talon.

I owe it to Nathan, I probably wouldn't have run as well if we weren't talking smack the whole time :D

Sendero
03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I owe it to Nathan, I probably wouldn't have run as well if we weren't talking smack the whole time :D

[New Guy]
Who's thaaaaaa bitch nooooowwww?
[/New Guy]

:jester: :snatch:

tacbear
03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
I am Unofficially a Wheel to Wheel guy (we aren't suppose to race at the State pusuit course). ;)

svopaul
03-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I have KYB Gr2s (stock replacement shocks) and a 1" rear swaybar. I've also autocrossed several times before. But I think this past weekend was the 3rd time I've auto-crossed the talon.

Unrelated somewhat but I have used the GR2's and was not very impressed with them....found them really no better than a good Monroe shock/strut. Now I have KYB's(Gas Adjust) on the old Fords and like them a lot but I was just not impressed with the GR2's...

svopaul
03-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it's obvious his little pyramid theory is biased, but you have to read the editor's note at the bottom.

So, in all reality, that pyramid is one of the most useless peice of information ever posted on a forum... period. :D

I assumed that and like the famous Colin Powell pick...."I aint readin all that...." I just browsed it over to get the jist but didn't read everything ;)

Italian LX
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I assumed that and like the famous Colin Powell pick...."I aint readin all that...." I just browsed it over to get the jist but didn't read everything ;)
Yeah, I only browsed it too (wasn't going to waste my time on that nonsense). However, I just happened to read the very last part of the page which contained the Editor's note.

99LS1
03-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Unrelated somewhat but I have used the GR2's and was not very impressed with them....found them really no better than a good Monroe shock/strut. Now I have KYB's(Gas Adjust) on the old Fords and like them a lot but I was just not impressed with the GR2's...

Only reason I bought these was that I was undecided on what to about my suspension, but I couldn't stand driving around on blown shocks any longer. I got a set of 4 for about 140$. When I pulled the original shocks out, they had NO rebound. It was easy to compress, and they wouldn't rebound back up.

The AGX's don't work well on dsms. The vast majority of people who use them, they either blow out once you start driving hard, or quickly let go once used with any spring that drops the car. On top of the fact that they're too harsh. The one talon I drove with AGX felt awful, way too harsh for the street. The GR2s are okay for the meantime. I can have fun with my car now while saving up for something better. Anytime I tried launching, the rear squatted way too much to be safe. Anytime I went into a corner, the car would just roll like crazy and bottom out very easily.

Konis work great. The rears can't be adjusted unless you take them out, which kinda defeats the point of having adjustables.

I'd get konis, but I"m probably going to save my cash for either a set of TEIN coilover or JICs.

banditmwp
03-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Only reason I bought these was that I was undecided on what to about my suspension, but I couldn't stand driving around on blown shocks any longer. I got a set of 4 for about 140$. When I pulled the original shocks out, they had NO rebound. It was easy to compress, and they wouldn't rebound back up.

So instead, you opted for the "air shock" look. :poke:

99LS1
03-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey I still have muddin' needs I need to fulfill :poke: :D

I was going for the broke poor white ricer lowered look, just wait long enough and you're shocks will blow out, giving you that lowered look.

QWKSNKE
03-09-2005, 05:40 PM
amusing reading.