PDA

View Full Version : tranny mount

b-blown
09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
will the prothane mounts work with our transmissions ...they only list 5.o`s so am not sure

86GTPONY
09-01-2008, 05:26 PM
will the prothane mounts work with our transmissions ...they only list 5.o`s so am not sure

If you're running a t-5 it should bolt in with minimal b.s. - I just installed one this morning and I had to open up the slots a little in the crossmember with a dremmel. The factor rubber mount has two studs coming out of it, whereas the prothane mount should have bolt holes. The bolts that are used with the prothane mount are slightly larger. Hope this helps.

b-blown
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
thats good since i already got the mount ,,,thanks

b-blown
09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
and by the way 86 the parts are comin together nicely ...and bought a parts car so i won`t be needing youur wifes....lol

86GTPONY
09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
and by the way 86 the parts are comin together nicely ...and bought a parts car so i won`t be needing youur wifes....lol
Hahaha! Dude - I'm still trying to get out to Alabama! I was gonna go out there again in a couple weeks to stay, but my wife's mom got sick. I got my t-5 swapped this morning and polished my new aluminum pulleys. Check it out -

SvoBrown
09-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Nice setup. I want the alt on the side like that. Got to many pipes in the way!
THere are a couple of tranny mounts so look close for the right one. I have the one off the 88 TC on the svo now. THe 84 was in bad condition.

b-blown
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I`ve got the prothane one it looks real close...now all i need is motor mounts ,,,,hmmmmm

b-blown
09-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Hahaha! Dude - I'm still trying to get out to Alabama! I was gonna go out there again in a couple weeks to stay, but my wife's mom got sick. I got my t-5 swapped this morning and polished my new aluminum pulleys. Check it out -

lookin good dude i`m gonna look at pulleys down the road i want it to look all shiny aswell

86GTPONY
09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I`ve got the prothane one it looks real close...now all i need is motor mounts ,,,,hmmmmm
I have yet to see any performance motor mounts for a 2.3, but then again, I haven't looked real hard. OEM's should work just fine for a n/a 2.3, though. If I can make a recommendation - while you have the crossmember out, replace the bushings. Energy or Prothane makes a set for about $20. Between those and the Prothane trans mount, you'll notice a lot less "sway" from the shifter from acceleration/decelleration.

86GTPONY
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
lookin good dude i`m gonna look at pulleys down the road i want it to look all shiny aswell
I'm still waiting on the March power steering pulley to come. I'll polish that too. Sad thing is I spent more $ on the power steering pulley than I did for the rest lol! Polishing is tedious work, but if you're on a budget, it's a great way to add some shine!

b-blown
09-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm still waiting on the March power steering pulley to come. I'll polish that too. Sad thing is I spent more $ on the power steering pulley than I did for the rest lol! Polishing is tedious work, but if you're on a budget, it's a great way to add some shine!

well I`m getting all the parts together for the turbo and it looks like a 57 w/p trim and all the good parts and of course the megasquirt ...all in good time I have all winter ...so I`valready got the new trans to frame bushings ( ihad to buy a new tranny crossmember )so its just a game of patience ...lol

86GTPONY
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
well I`m getting all the parts together for the turbo and it looks like a 57 w/p trim and all the good parts and of course the megasquirt ...all in good time I have all winter ...so I`valready got the new trans to frame bushings ( ihad to buy a new tranny crossmember )so its just a game of patience ...lol
I don't know if you already have your turbo, but I have a couple of spare IHI's that I can let go for a song. The IHI's spool up real fast, but they are only good for about 16-18 p.s.i. - I also have the turndown, wastegate, & oil return line. I have a Volvo turbo FMIC that I was gonna use on my Ranger. Also, I have a polished turbo coupe valve cover w/ billet cap available. I've been selling them on ebay for $100+ & shipping. I sold the polished upper & throttle body. Check it out:

b-blown
09-03-2008, 06:02 AM
I`ll keep that in mind don ....I think I just picked up another winter car that needs to be turbed ...lol...thanks