PDA

View Full Version : need some work done

95cobra
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
im looking for a shop or someone to do a few mods to my car.
i dont the place to do the work. i can help if someone has a place to do it.
this is a 95 cobra

need fuel pump.
batt relocted to truck.
cam installed and timing chain
heads removed to have checked prob needs new valve seals. would like ported and polished since im holding off on aluminum heads till i put together my stroker motor. need springs installed.
shorty headers.
p1sc procharger and 2 core cooler looking for 3 core? the oil cooler needs to be removed unless anyone knows a good hose man to relocate it.
new injectors.
new upper and lower.
in car fuel pressure gauge.
wide band air/fuel
electric oil p.
boost guage.
have 2 pod for piller and the 2 pod bezel that goes round instrament cluster.
i will be glad to help can do most by myself but am lacking the place to perform the operation.

i have everything but a couple of gauges and gaskets. should be ready to start in bout 2 weeks. fingers crossed.

goal to be done by track day.

when all said and done will need a good tune man?

coupe
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Man I wanna help...but after the viper, we will be working on Eric's old Buick Grand National and two Turbo Mustangs...not including mine! :(

95cobra
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Man I wanna help...but after the viper, we will be working on Eric's old Buick Grand National and two Turbo Mustangs...not including mine! :(
man you got your hands full.

militarymustang88gt
09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
if i was still going to birmingham every weekend like i used to i would help. but i live in auburn so that is a long drive to get you to drive to hoover to work on bits and pieces at a time.

qkjuicedpony
09-03-2008, 03:14 AM
If you werent so far away.

95cobra
09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
is there a shop besides shankenstian

QWKSNKE
09-06-2008, 09:36 AM
I would do it for you but my time has been so limited i have not had time to work on my two cars. I have new parts laying around everywhere

QWKSNKE
09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
pm 04 mach 1 on here

Shorty
09-06-2008, 11:25 AM
i got two empty garage bays but its all the way in gadsen.

QWKSNKE
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
i got two empty garage bays but its all the way in gadsen.

Good to see you back on here. Do you still have your GT?

coupe
09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
How much are you looking to spend? Do you have all the parts already (ie: supercharger brackets, pulleys, hoses, etc..)???

95cobra
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM
How much are you looking to spend? Do you have all the parts already (ie: supercharger brackets, pulleys, hoses, etc..)???

have everything but a few gaskets. im not 100% sure on the bore size for head gaskets. and not sure on the valve springs till heads come off. when i got the car his insurance company had to rebuild motor because he sucked water in the intake and bent a rod. so i dont know what they did, he said its still stock bore and that heads only had 3 angle valve job and shaved a few thousanths.:dunno:

95cobra
09-07-2008, 10:11 AM
as far as $ im not going to spend a ton for somebody to do it because ill just do it in the dirt at my business was just trying to advoid that. thats y shankenstins out of the picture 600 for a cam swap.lol maybe if hes buying the parts also. speedsouth is pricey also. i mean i know i cant get it done for free and i don't want that but its not a 200,000 dollar car either. i think some of these shops just throw out a number and hope someone will pay it.

QWKSNKE
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
being that you own a sn95 I wouldn't be much cheaper (if I had the time)

Turn key blower installation is a $1000 Cam, head swap, and a 'proper' blower install takes a lot of time.

Like I said in an earlier post. PM Marc (04Mach 1). He has reasonable labor rates if he has the time to do it

94five0
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
PM you have received

04 Mach1
09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Damn!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like I might need to go up in price.

rtusnake
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Damn!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like I might need to go up in price.

As long as its not your exhaust prices :) I need to bring that x pipe up so you can put it on for me.

Shorty
09-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Good to see you back on here. Do you still have your GT?

:yep: due to the never ending health issues it is all that i have left. so its back to a daily driver and quickly gonna neeed some upgrades. :evil:

fwiw-- its so great to be back. have really missed you guys.