PDA

View Full Version : problems need some answers.

ThunderKat
03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
my standard 5.0 problens. i found something i had overlooked. there is a spring with a line running through it that is hangin below the tb, now from my experiance with hondas that would be the throttle cable but when i started the car and gave it some gas it sill revved up. also there is a little bit of smoke coming from the rear of the engine bay that doesnt smell like anything in particular. im guessin maybe we didnt seal up the valve cover gaskets quite at tight as we had thought, im also missing a bolt on the top of the passenger side valve cover, it had been sealed up with caulk lol. think maybe the smoke could come from there, i mean you cant see it leaking out like a steady stream or anything. its still idling rough as hell but when i let it run for a couple mintues for about 15 seconds it idled just fine and then turned to shit again. just need some explanations or feedback. or hell im not doing anything this week, if anyone with alot of 5.0 knowledge would like to drop by and take a look at her id be most appreciative. im going to go over all the vaccum lines tonight.

QWKSNKE
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
my response from the BM

Could the other line with a spring be for cruise control?

I take it that it was running fine before you guys worked on it last night?

Does this car have Mass Air or is it a Speed Density setup (I am figuring speed density) Check and make sure that you don't have any vacuum leaks. Also, verify that everything electronic wise is plugged up.