PDA

View Full Version : sniper Special Forces

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 08:40 AM
i sold my fuego tuner. now i am looking into this sniper setup. i know there is alot of helpful people on there forums. the price is right. what do u guys think of it?

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.hollywoodracing.net/sniper-special-forces-gas/sniper-special-forces-demo/

TheJeanyus
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Personally, I'd get an SCT X-Cal, have someone tune it, and be done with it.

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 09:22 AM
thats what i am trying to get away from. paying someone to tune. i am after a wide band to. i have heard so much about this tuner and that tuner. and i would like to be able to one day just do it myself. they have a tech forums and i have read a little on there and they give good info. plus i like the data log feature that it has.

RedSuperRanger23
09-18-2008, 09:39 AM
if you change your mind about the Xcal2, I have one for sale.

TheJeanyus
09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
thats what i am trying to get away from. paying someone to tune. i am after a wide band to. i have heard so much about this tuner and that tuner. and i would like to be able to one day just do it myself. they have a tech forums and i have read a little on there and they give good info. plus i like the data log feature that it has.
If you take the amount of time it would take to tune it and divide it by the cost of getting someone else to tune it, I bet it comes out to like $0.50/hr. :jester: I know QWKSNKE, Sendero, Italian LX, and others have spent literally countless hours working on tunes for their cars.

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
If you take the amount of time it would take to tune it and divide it by the cost of getting someone else to tune it, I bet it comes out to like $0.50/hr. :jester: I know QWKSNKE, Sendero, Italian LX, and others have spent literally countless hours working on tunes for their cars.

there is nothing like a real tune. i think a everyday tune is better than a dyno tune.

TheJeanyus
09-18-2008, 10:59 AM
there is nothing like a real tune. i think a everyday tune is better than a dyno tune.
My RWTD MAIL ORDER tune has far fewer (i.e.: zero) driveability issues than some of their tunes did. :D

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
it will come with 2 tunes for my car. i have to tell them what all has been done to it. and also get free tunes as long as i own it.

QWKSNKE
09-18-2008, 03:13 PM
I am all about self tuning especially if you are going to try different combinations with your car. It gets was to expensive paying somebody else everytime you make a change.
How much is the sniper tuner vs getting a SCT Pro Racer Package

QWKSNKE
09-18-2008, 03:17 PM
My RWTD MAIL ORDER tune has far fewer (i.e.: zero) driveability issues than some of their tunes did. :D

You are probably right. I found out most of my issues came from the the stock cobra eec. Once I swapped to a A9L computer my problems went away

to play devil's advocate though, while your car has blower it is not as modified as my 93 was with the blower. So their should not be any drivability issues with your mail order tune.

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I am all about self tuning. How much is the sniper tuner vs getting a SCT Pro Racer Package

i got some dealers to battle it out and got 1 for 380 shipped

QWKSNKE
09-18-2008, 03:20 PM
380 shipped? How much can you change in it? Does it have a wideband hookup?

TheJeanyus
09-18-2008, 03:22 PM
You are probably right. I found out most of my issues came from the the stock cobra eec. Once I swapped to a A9L computer my problems went away

to play devil's advocate though, while your car has blower it is not as modified as my 93 was with the blower. So their should not be any drivability issues with your mail order tune.
To my knowledge, his car is not as modified as your '93 was, either. ;)

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 03:25 PM
380 shipped? How much can you change in it? Does it have a wideband hookup?

sorry but i think the Commando kit is closer to SCT Pro Racer Package but with more stuff. and it is like 679 shipped.

this is there forums

http://www.snipertuningforums.com/

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 03:26 PM
To my knowledge, his car is not as modified as your '93 was, either. ;)

it will be. plans are a turbo setup. and i am always changing things

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 03:34 PM
this is what i got from there site.and this was in july 07.

The afr can not be directed to the recon, however when we release The Patriot it should have imputs for that

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
and there wide band is bad azz to!

http://www.snipertuning.com/new/product.phtml?p=50

and this is there site.

http://www.snipertuning.com/new/index.phtml

SlowJoe
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
i just got this in a pm from hollywood racing http://www.hollywoodracing.net/

The Commando package runs $650.00 shipped! and it comes with the special forces and data logging!

QWKSNKE
09-18-2008, 07:53 PM
nice looking kit.
I am still leaning towards the pro racer package for my 08 though

SlowJoe
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
the sniper setups do not work with 64 bit computers!:banghead:

Doc_G
01-29-2009, 05:56 AM
JOE I'm no expert, however I can tell you that I have watched many a debate about this software vs SCT. The ONLY think I like about the sniper software is the fact that it isn't automaticly locked to one vehicle. I forget how many you can tune with it but I know its more than one. You can also buy more "bullets" to add the ability to tune other cars. The guy I had tune my roots blown v6 mustang told me to my face that he'd never use the sniper software when I asked him about it. And the look on his face when he said it was one of disgust.

EHardy1971
06-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bringing it back up since I'm picking up this kit in a couple of weeks for the Lightning. I have heard nothing but praise about this tuning setup on LR. I only know what I've read about SCT's XCals, but the Sniper system seems to be well ahead of them, as you can do more fine tuning with them as well as datalogging. You can fine tune your AFR across the entire RPM range, as well as custom tailor it to your mods. The REALLY cool thing about it, is that after you upload the tune or "Bullet" to the vehicle, you can download it back to the box, and tweak the tune as you add more mods, VS having to pay for an e-mail or dyno tune to cover new mods.

JOE I'm no expert, however I can tell you that I have watched many a debate about this software vs SCT. The ONLY think I like about the sniper software is the fact that it isn't automaticly locked to one vehicle. I forget how many you can tune with it but I know its more than one. You can also buy more "bullets" to add the ability to tune other cars. The guy I had tune my roots blown v6 mustang told me to my face that he'd never use the sniper software when I asked him about it. And the look on his face when he said it was one of disgust.

I don't know who that was Doc, but maybe he had preferences for another brand of tuner. It comes with two "Bullets", and as you said, it's not VIN locked to one vehicle like a Diablo or SCT is. You can tune as many vehicles as you have bullets, and as I said, you only really need one bullet per vehicle unless you want to do a winter tune and summer tune, or a street tune and race tune. From what I've read on LR, their customer service is top notch. They have offered several guys invites to their facility in Florida for a free tour, and session on their in house dyno to test and further fine tune their trucks. All for free. Here's a good thread about it on LR. :nice:

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58797

Doc_G
06-25-2012, 07:47 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bringing it back up since I'm picking up this kit in a couple of weeks for the Lightning. I have heard nothing but praise about this tuning setup on LR. I only know what I've read about SCT's XCals, but the Sniper system seems to be well ahead of them, as you can do more fine tuning with them as well as datalogging. You can fine tune your AFR across the entire RPM range, as well as custom tailor it to your mods. The REALLY cool thing about it, is that after you upload the tune or "Bullet" to the vehicle, you can download it back to the box, and tweak the tune as you add more mods, VS having to pay for an e-mail or dyno tune to cover new mods.

I don't know who that was Doc, but maybe he had preferences for another brand of tuner. It comes with two "Bullets", and as you said, it's not VIN locked to one vehicle like a Diablo or SCT is. You can tune as many vehicles as you have bullets, and as I said, you only really need one bullet per vehicle unless you want to do a winter tune and summer tune, or a street tune and race tune. From what I've read on LR, their customer service is top notch. They have offered several guys invites to their facility in Florida for a free tour, and session on their in house dyno to test and further fine tune their trucks. All for free. Here's a good thread about it on LR. :nice:

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58797

While not wanting to backpedal in any way shape or form Eric, You do realize my comments are 3 years old based on a conversation I had with a tuner a couple years before that. Having never used sniper software I cant yea/nay say it at all currently. However I can say I've not been too impressed with sct customer service lately.

EHardy1971
06-26-2012, 08:06 AM
While not wanting to backpedal in any way shape or form Eric, You do realize my comments are 3 years old based on a conversation I had with a tuner a couple years before that. Having never used sniper software I cant yea/nay say it at all currently. However I can say I've not been too impressed with sct customer service lately.
Understood, and I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I've heard the same thing about SCT and Diablo's CS.

Doc_G
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Understood, and I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I've heard the same thing about SCT and Diablo's CS.

Not at all brother. Bring the wife with you to the mtn. Friday. You guys can crash the couches or the hide-a-bed in the den, or the air mattress.....

EHardy1971
06-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Not at all brother. Bring the wife with you to the mtn. Friday. You guys can crash the couches or the hide-a-bed in the den, or the air mattress.....

Gotta work Saturday to pay for this Sniper deal. :(