PDA

View Full Version : A9P Tuning question

gt90stang
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Got a chance to do a little fine tuning and found that on early startup while in open loop my AFRs are 17:1 with the smog pump disabled. The high AFRs causes a little surging in idle.

As a fix I tried changing the Open Loop Fuel Multiplier vs ACT by putting 0.9 up to 102*F. This worked great and eliminated the surging.

The question is how to fix this correctly so there are no adverse interactions. Maybe with the Fuel Table Base Open Loop. I'm just nervous that the Open Loop Fuel Multiplier vs ACT may add fuel at WOT on cool days but is only 10% so wouldn't be the end of the world.

During closed loop and WOT the previous tune delivered accurate AFRs under all conditions so I don't really understand why it is running lean at startup until closed loop is reached. My Kamrfs are at 1.004 in closed loop.

Thanks, Don

gt90stang
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
No replies, so I decided to make the corrections in the Base Open Loop Fuel Table. That way I don't have to worry about wierd interactions with the ACT functions.

Don :chug:

Dale McPeters
09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Don,

I have done it both ways in the startup fuel table and in the base open loop table and I have not had any problems either way....:)

gt90stang
09-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks Dale.

Don