PDA

View Full Version : Control Arms ?'s

joker
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Simply put, who makes the best stuff out there. Wolfe, MM, megabyte jr's? If money was no object which would you get, and why?

1sicklx
03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
megabyte jr's are what I would go for as far as fox's are concerned, but ford changed bolt sizes (not sure what yr.. I think 99-up) on the sn-95's and as far as I know Kenny Brown is the ONLY aftermarket company that has Truely addressed the issue. So i'd stick with them on the newer cars.

i know ur probably just asking for fox's, but I post my .02 on both since ur trying to sale your car. ;)

Scothew
03-10-2005, 12:49 AM
MM has adjusted their CA's to accept the 14mm bolt that the 99+ cars have. Alot of companies acctually have.

metco arms are supposed to be one of the baddest ones around. They defintely look awesome. http://www.metco-inc.com/controlarms/mustanglca.shtml

Shorty
03-10-2005, 03:30 AM
these are some that i have been wanting to find some more info on. a little different setup than i have seen. :shrug:

The Link (http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5923)

Italian LX
03-10-2005, 05:12 AM
If money was no object which would you get, and why?
For a fixed street control arm, I recommend F5R uppers and lowers; The reason is that they were recommended to me by at least three people that I knew when I was looking for a set of my own a few years back. One of those people had not only used F5R's on his own Mustang, but he also had used a few other brand of control arms too. I have been running mine for about 2 years now and am extremely happy with their quality and performance. :nice:

NOTE: I haven't done much research on many adjustable units, so I can't recommend any.

QWKSNKE
03-10-2005, 05:55 AM
meagbyte jr's are the shit for drag racing (supposedly) but like brian said on a daily driver street car go with the Factory 5's

1sicklx
03-10-2005, 06:31 AM
meagbyte jr's are the shit for drag racing (supposedly)
:yup: that puerto rEEkcan seems to like'em. ;)

Craig K.
03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I have Mega Bit Jr's with the adjustable rod end on my '85, I like them, haven't had any problems at all. I have had them on the car since about 1995-1996, they have around 6k miles on them, 5k of which are racing miles.

What do you want to do with the car is the first question.
If your doing coil overs, then get ride of the big boxy bar and go to a tubular arm with threaded rod ends. If it is purly street with a little track action, look at Brians F5R arms, if your going to race it a couple times every month, look at the Mega Bit's

Scothew
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I can say one thing, STAY AWAY from Granatelli arms :notnice:

joker
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
The car wont be a daily driver that they will be going on, it will probably see 85% track use, with an occasional ride to the track, or cruise around town. Go mainly for a drag racing setup, but dont want something that coulndt handle the occasional road coarse as well. When the car gets finished, which will be a long long time, it will probably see track action at least once or twice a month, if not more.

So the megabyte's are good for road racing as well Craig?

I definitely want something that will be the maximum amount of traction. It may take two years, but Im gonna build it right, and dont want to skimp on anything.

joker
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
I can say one thing, STAY AWAY from Granatelli arms :notnice:Yea, after seeing yours those were automatically ruled out. i need something that will take MAJOR abuse.

Scothew
03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
If money isnt an object, then I vote for the Metco's. Those things just seem badass and i've never seen a single complaint from any board i've been on.

Sendero
03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Road Course Car: Maximum Motorsports

Daily Driver: Factory Five

Drag: Megabite Jr's

Swiss Army: Maximum Motorsport Adjustables

Craig K.
03-10-2005, 07:52 PM
joker - I have only ran the Megabytes for all the track time that I have done. I have never had an issue with them

Have you thought of just doing a coil over in the rear, then just do a straight bar with threaded rod ends. If I was going to build another car, then this is what I would do.

96GTS
03-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Simply put, who makes the best stuff out there. Wolfe, MM, megabyte jr's? If money was no object which would you get, and why?
My entire rear susp is Wolfe. badass stuff, but definitely made for the drag racing breed... ;)