PDA

View Full Version : Alternator finally shines!

86GTPONY
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, I finally took the alternator apart and polished it. It was nowhere near as hard as I thought to get back together. I spent about 3.5 hours taking it apart, polishing and reassembling. Thanks for all your input on getting those brushes back in - a paper clip is really handy!

Wall96cobra
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Looks good, nice work!

Italian LX
10-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Looks great, Don!!!!

86GTPONY
10-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys!!! The only things left on the motor to polish are the lower intake and the timing cover. I think I'll pass on trying to do the lower...I'll just buy one. It would take me too much time. Now I gotta get my ass out to Alabama and run her!!! Anyway, good to hear from you Brian! Where the hell have you been?

Italian LX
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Anyway, good to hear from you Brian! Where the hell have you been?
Been busy with stuff around the house, wedding planning, and other stuff. Kind of got out of the online boards for a couple months, but I'm going to try and get back on here more regularly.

86GTPONY
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Been busy with stuff around the house, wedding planning, and other stuff. Kind of got out of the online boards for a couple months, but I'm going to try and get back on here more regularly.
Wedding planning? That's great!!! Congrats Brian! Maggie and I are looking to move to Alabama hopefully the first of the year. You getting hitched soon?

EHardy1971
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Nice job Don!:nice:

Italian LX
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Wedding planning? That's great!!! Congrats Brian! Maggie and I are looking to move to Alabama hopefully the first of the year. You getting hitched soon?
Not until next year; the date is set for May 1st. :nice:

stangman
10-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Well, I finally took the alternator apart and polished it. It was nowhere near as hard as I thought to get back together. I spent about 3.5 hours taking it apart, polishing and reassembling. Thanks for all your input on getting those brushes back in - a paper clip is really handy!
Don, that looks like the one I sold you!! No just playing! Nice work. If you ever come to Alabama maybe you can polish some of our stuff!

Craig K.
10-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Looks real good