PDA

View Full Version : ready for tuning

95cobra
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
got car running friday now im ready for the tune. dont know where to really start. what do you guys think i should do get chip or buy the venom or AEM kit to be able to do tune by myself. i have seen some of you talk about tweecer will that work for my car. If anyone can tune this or point me in the right direction you would make me very happy.

QWKSNKE
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
AEM is pricey but nice. Don't know much about Venom. Several of us here either or have used the Tweecer and yes it will work on your car.

If you are not going to continously be changing combos like I did on my car, you could pay somebody to 'chip it' but I am unsure who I would recommend.

evrae205
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
bamachips. doug is awesome with custom mustang tunes.

asilver2001gt
10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
jeff harris and tim barth at mph

95cobra
10-20-2008, 03:16 PM
AEM is pricey but nice. Don't know much about Venom. Several of us here either or have used the Tweecer and yes it will work on your car.

If you are not going to continously be changing combos like I did on my car, you could pay somebody to 'chip it' but I am unsure who I would recommend.
only thing i will be changing is the intake. and maybe adding 75 to 100 shot in future.

QWKSNKE
10-20-2008, 06:43 PM
bamachips. doug is awesome with custom mustang tunes.

jeff harris and tim barth at mph

To my knowledge neither of these guys will EEC tune a pushrod car

EHardy1971
10-20-2008, 06:45 PM
:werd: I was looking at Dougs site awhile back,and he only lists '96 and up Mustangs.

04 Mach1
10-20-2008, 07:56 PM

Jeff Harris not tuning a push rod motor????????????? Talked to him friday and said it was not a problem. I wish I would of had Jeff tune my car to start with!!!

qkjuicedpony
10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Aric Carrion at Injected Engineering over here in Kennesaw Ga

He is very very good.

TheJeanyus
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Jeff Harris not tuning a push rod motor????????????? Talked to him friday and said it was not a problem. I wish I would of had Jeff tune my car to start with!!!
I believe Lee was referring to Doug and Tim.

QWKSNKE
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM

I have never known Jeff to tune anything unless he had a FAST system on it.

Sorry but I don't consider adjusting fuel pressure and adjusting timing with a timing light as 'tuning'

But now that he works with Tim, he may have learned some stuff.

I had forgotten about Aric, qkjuiced.

EDIT... If memory serves me correctly, you DID take it to Jeff long before it went to Higgins

95cobra
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Aric Carrion at Injected Engineering over here in Kennesaw Ga He is very very good.
can you get me his number.

i called doug at bamachips today and the guy that answered the phone said he didnt think they tuned below 96 that i would have to call back tomorrow when doug was there.

if i buy the tweecer is anyone on this site interested in getting me started with a base tune?

qkjuicedpony
10-21-2008, 04:53 AM
www.injectedengineering.com

Ph. 678-449-6871

Trust me you will not be disappointed.

Tell him QJP(Brian) told you to call him.

asilver2001gt
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Jeff not tune a pushrod car??? Yeah he can do it. I guess I am just biased. I know those guys over there and they do good work

86nu
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
can you get me his number.

i called doug at bamachips today and the guy that answered the phone said he didnt think they tuned below 96 that i would have to call back tomorrow when doug was there.

if i buy the tweecer is anyone on this site interested in getting me started with a base tune?

doug uses sct right? they make a unit to burn chips for fox bodies, dont see why he couldnt do it, unless he doesnt have the equipment.

I know james henson hensonperformance.com can burn sct chips for pre 96 cars. some like his work, some dont, just another choice

97cobrasvt
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I used Ron Willis in Jasper. He burned a chip with diablo tuner and we had it strapped to his dyno and fine tuned it . I have 3 seperate tunes one for motor, one for the street and one balls out on the bottle. Let me know if ou want to call him and I will give you his number. Steven

95cobra
10-21-2008, 03:40 PM
i talked to doug today and he said 275 for chip which he can fix for two different tunes plus the dyno time.he said be about 550 600 total. does that sound about right? he said blake has his portable dyno and hes trying to track blake down.

im going to call a few other places and see what they say. i just want the best person that specializes in my year model. i dont mind paying the price either i just want it done right.

qkjuicedpony
10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Aric at Injected can work wonders with a 94-95 car and the stock computer.

He uses SCT Software

04 Mach1
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
EDIT... If memory serves me correctly, you DID take it to Jeff long before it went to Higgins

Yes I carried it to him first I was trying to fix it with out a tune (everything was fine on the vert but not the gt) I wasn't looking for a band-aid that was going to show its ugly face down the road. Hin sights 20/20 If I had it to do all over Jeff would have chipped it. Beside Higgins:bananahum

QWKSNKE
10-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Yes I carried it to him first I was trying to fix it with out a tune (everything was fine on the vert but not the gt) I wasn't looking for a band-aid that was going to show its ugly face down the road. Hin sights 20/20 If I had it to do all over Jeff would have chipped it. Beside Higgins:bananahum

Yeah I know Higgins put a hurting on you but I didn't think Jeff had the knowledge or capability to 'chip' any car at that time.