PDA

View Full Version : secondary fuel system, return or no return

86nu
10-23-2008, 02:19 PM
My nitrous set up has a 1 gallon cell and a blue pump. Before I hook this up, will I need to run a return on this. The pump will be pushing 6-7 psi.

I ask this b/c the pump will turn on when I turn the systems on. Before I hit the first stage the pump will have been running for 15-20 seconds, will this cause any kind of problems on the pump, or should a return be run to relieve the pressure before the solenoids open up

Craig K.
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I have no idea at all on the NOS side of the question, but I run a Holley blue pump on my carb'ed '85 (for road racing) and do not run a return.
I pull through a Fram filter to the pump to the regulator (in engine bay) and to the carb.

I ran like this for several season of racing and when I drove the car on the street in B-Ham up to 45 minutes on the street and up to 1 hour racing and never had a problem.

I am assuming you are still running Injection with this combo?

86nu
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
car is carb'd. I have a blue for the motor with out the return. With that once the car fires fuel is always being used.

With the nitrous, it hits a road block at the solenoids. Where the pump keeps pumping, with no where for the fuel to go until the solenoids open. Thats what has me unsure if I need a return for the extra fuel until the solenoids open up

qkjuicedpony
10-23-2008, 07:13 PM
you need to run a return

otherwise the fuel pump will deadhead and spike to 14psi and when you spray it it will drop back down to where you set it at.

I'd run a -8 feed and a -6 return

86nu
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
you need to run a return

otherwise the fuel pump will deadhead and spike to 14psi and when you spray it it will drop back down to where you set it at.

I'd run a -8 feed and a -6 return

isnt that a little big for a 3 ft piece of hose? I was thinkin 6an to the solenoids and 6 on the return

qkjuicedpony
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Run what you want bur put a return in it

86nu
10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Run what you want bur put a return in it

simple enough lol