PDA

View Full Version : took her out today..

95cobra
10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
well i finally backed the cobra out of the garage today. dont really know how she runs because i took it easy on her till i get someone to tune her. no leaks,knocks,rattles, just has a problem idleing. still havent made my mind up on who to carry her to but ima putt around town and get a few miles on her before she hits the dyno.

86nu
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
thats a great feeling, gotta love a clean start

SlowJoe
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
where is the video?:jester:

coupe
10-23-2008, 09:26 PM
If it's just an HCI 306... then the MAF and injectors may very well be close enough on the tune... God knows there are SEVERAL others who haven't messed with the ECU and have more mods than you do.

For idle, I remember slvrbullit used a FOXBODY idle control solenoid on his SN95 and it was 100% better. His cam was pretty good sized too.

95cobra
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
If it's just an HCI 306... then the MAF and injectors may very well be close enough on the tune... God knows there are SEVERAL others who haven't messed with the ECU and have more mods than you do.

For idle, I remember slvrbullit used a FOXBODY idle control solenoid on his SN95 and it was 100% better. His cam was pretty good sized too.
u make me feel like im stock when i just put 9k in new motor and procharger... thats right all mustangs are stock. well thats what they would say when my 355 was putting a hurting on them.

anyways i think i said this plenty im new to fords and fuel injection thats why i ask all these questions. i didnt know my stock computer would run the 42lb injecters and mass air with no problem. or i wouldnt ask. i was told if i wanted the motor to last it be a good idea to get it tuned. id love to save 600 -750 on a tune and spend that on something else. all i know is that it runs like crap loads up while at idle no matter where i set fuel pressure and it has a bad surgeing problem so if a fox body idle control will fix everything ill buy one tomorrow.:banghead:

TheJeanyus
10-24-2008, 06:56 AM
u make me feel like im stock when i just put 9k in new motor and procharger... thats right all mustangs are stock. well thats what they would say when my 355 was putting a hurting on them.

anyways i think i said this plenty im new to fords and fuel injection thats why i ask all these questions. i didnt know my stock computer would run the 42lb injecters and mass air with no problem. or i wouldnt ask. i was told if i wanted the motor to last it be a good idea to get it tuned. id love to save 600 -750 on a tune and spend that on something else. all i know is that it runs like crap loads up while at idle no matter where i set fuel pressure and it has a bad surgeing problem so if a fox body idle control will fix everything ill buy one tomorrow.:banghead:
Easy there, dude. I'm pretty sure coupe just didn't think about the Procharger. We don't all sit here memorizing what everyone's car has done to it. ;)

As much as it sucks, spend the money to get a good tuner to work on it. It's well worth the cash when the car is acting right and you aren't chasing problems all the time. :nice:

qkjuicedpony
10-24-2008, 07:00 AM
You will be amazed at the difference of your car after you get a good tune.

Mine stumbled all over the place and wouldnt idle very well.Had it tuned and it drives like a stock car(only way faster :D)

Youve spent 9k on this whole setup why not spend 600 more and get it done right.

coupe
10-24-2008, 07:19 AM
I forgot about the procharger; sorry dude. Glad you have it running and ready for fine-tuning.