PDA

View Full Version : New dyno at speed south has opens its doors.

evrae205
10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
"copied from ars"

If you have questions about anything you can email Robert@Speedsouth.com and or Jim@Speedsouth.com. I can answer some questions but the response time will be a little longer. I hope this message finds all of you well. See ya at the shop!---
We're proud to announce an affiliate company opening here at SPEEDSOUTH's new location at the beginning of November! Southeast Chassis Dyno. The SEC Dyno is a Mustang brand 1100SE, Eddy Current machine, which is far superior to the inertia drum, Wide Open Thottle (WOT) only dynos commonly found in the market place today. The 1100SE can tune on a load with its magnetic eddy brake as well as WOT. What this means is that your vehicle can be tuned to its actual weight, not just the weight of the dyno drum. Got a 3300 lb car? Tune it with a 3300 lb load. Got a 10000 lb turbo diesel dually, it will handle it, AND load it correctly. The drums at SEC Dyno are even wide enough to fit duallies without the need to remove the outside rear wheels. Unstrap the diesel, change the programming load, and we can even strap down a motorcycle, and load it correctly too. The 1100SE is highly regarded in the industry, and considered by most, to be the finest Dyno money can buy. Tune it with a proper load and get the results you demand. NO MORE STREET TUNING, NO NEED TO TUNE AT THE TRACK, NO NEED TO CONTINUE TUNING AT THE TRACK AFTER YOUR VEHICLE'S BEEN "TUNED" ON THE DYNO. Tune it ALL on the Dyno, in a Safe, Comfortable environment, at Southeast Chassis Dyno. More information and a list of FAQ's will be available soon at SOUTHEASTCHASSISDYNO.com or SECDYNO.com. All runs are datalogged using an Automobile Manufacturer industry standard, AFM1000 wideband. Commercial Accounts available and rates are scheduled for rental of the Dyno with Operator, or the Dyno with Tuner. Access to the dyno cell and computer room are limited for privacy. Your vehicle's performance is your business and Dyno operation is ours.

For more information, or to schedule your appointment please call 205.664.TUNE

yellowSVT
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
do you work with sct? r you a cobra tuner where it will be tuned safe? and do you have some rates yet?

thanks robbie

evrae205
10-31-2008, 02:15 AM
LOL I WISH I worked there. I was just relaying a post from ARS.

send robert or jim an email. Jims a great guy he helped me out quite a bit with my trans am and my ole 95 gt.

coupe
10-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Definitely an asset to Speedsouth's operation.

far superior to the inertia drum, Wide Open Thottle (WOT) only dynos..
WOT is the number most customers are after anyway. And like clockwork, everyone will always compare the numbers to a dynojet's, the industry standard.

QWKSNKE
10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Definitely an asset to Speedsouth's operation.

WOT is the number most customers are after anyway. And like clockwork, everyone will always compare the numbers to a dynojet's, the industry standard.

If they follow Speed South's normal labor prices, there is no telling how expensive it will be to get some pulls.

I have tuned on a mustang dyno. It ain't all that and a bag of chips

86nu
11-02-2008, 03:04 PM
$25 setup fee
$25 per hour leaded fuel fee
$75 weld in 02 bung installation fee (highly recommended for abnormally aspirated vehicles)
$75 for 3 pulls for horsepower & torque
$95 per hour for unlimited pulls
$190 per hour for unlimited pulls with tech tuning and all parameters datalogged

I dont see how they can justify a set up fee. Paying more money for something that has to be done to use the equipment. They say the dyno is a separate company just using speedsouths facilities, but they are right on par with speedsouths pricing.

qkjuicedpony
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
damn those fees are crazy.

Guess its a good thing I have a few friends with Dyno's:D

setup fees,unleaded fuel fees...I bet they have a pay toilet in the bathroom

QWKSNKE
11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
damn those fees are crazy.

Guess its a good thing I have a few friends with Dyno's:D

setup fees,unleaded fuel fees...I bet they have a pay toilet in the bathroom

+1....

Chris06GT
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
That's why I loved going to Blake's....$80 for an hour, and that was it....

TheJeanyus
11-03-2008, 06:52 AM
$25 setup fee
$25 per hour leaded fuel fee
$75 weld in 02 bung installation fee (highly recommended for abnormally aspirated vehicles)
$75 for 3 pulls for horsepower & torque
$95 per hour for unlimited pulls
$190 per hour for unlimited pulls with tech tuning and all parameters datalogged

I dont see how they can justify a set up fee. Paying more money for something that has to be done to use the equipment. They say the dyno is a separate company just using speedsouths facilities, but they are right on par with speedsouths pricing.
:shake:

coupe
11-03-2008, 09:00 AM
$25 setup fee ........ I can't wait to see when customers waive this fee and setup the car themselves. LOL. Can you say insurance claim?

$25 per hour leaded fuel fee ........ For O2 sensors of course. Should be included in the cost, not an extra fee.

$75 weld in 02 bung installation fee (highly recommended for abnormally aspirated vehicles) ........ That's a good option to have. Good money maker too.

$75 for 3 pulls for horsepower & torque ......... Reasonable.

$95 per hour for unlimited pulls ......... Still reasonable. Good upsell.

$190 per hour for unlimited pulls with tech tuning and all parameters datalogged ......... Kenny Duttweiler doin' the tech tuning?

TheJeanyus
11-03-2008, 09:09 AM
$75 for 3 pulls for horsepower & torque ......... Reasonable.

$95 per hour for unlimited pulls ......... Still reasonable. Good upsell.
Those are only reasonable if you don't have to pay $50 in fees in addition. Almost $150 for an hour of dyno time = :rofl:

coupe
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
True. It becomes ridiculous very quickly.

And did you guys see this:
The fees are clearly listed and there will be a timeclock on the wall so there won’t be any confusion about charges.
I wonder if the Jeopardy theme will be played during setup. lol.

TheJeanyus
11-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I wonder if the Jeopardy theme will be played during setup. lol.
:rofl:

When you get down to your final 10 seconds, red lights start flashing and a loud buzzer goes off. :jester:

banditmwp
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
:rofl:

When you get down to your final 10 seconds, red lights start flashing and a loud buzzer goes off. :jester:

:nono:

A giant hook comes out of the side door and snatches your car off the dyno :D

coupe
11-03-2008, 08:31 PM
A giant hook comes out of the side door and snatches your car off the dyno. And that will be an additional $50.
fixed.

:rolleyes:

evrae205
11-04-2008, 01:42 AM
LOL ya the fees are pretty ridiculous hopefully blake will have his back up and running soon if not i'll be going to speeddreamz in tuscaloosa.