PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Question.

M1Speed
12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
My dad brought me my car back this weekend. He told me that when he reached boost in the pink (15-16 psi stock gauge) that is was missing or burping (no more power stays the same even if you continue to press the gas), then let off the boost it return back to normal. If you dont go above this it drives fine.

I just was wandering is this a major issue, or what. It only does it when you peg the boost

coupe
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
My dad brought me my car back this weekend. He told me that when he reached boost in the pink (15-16 psi stock gauge) that is was missing or burping (no more power stays the same even if you continue to press the gas), then let off the boost it return back to normal. If you dont go above this it drives fine.

I just was wandering is this a major issue, or what. It only does it when you peg the boost

Fuel pump is going out. Good time to upgrade pumps too. :nice:

M1Speed
12-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Fuel pump is going out. Good time to upgrade pumps too. :nice:

Any suggestions, 190 or 255. Every thing is stock.

coupe
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
255 would work fine. These work pretty well:
http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=11727&highlight=255+pump

Go ahead and order an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too. The 5.0L style works just fine on the SVO/TC fuel rail...bolts right on and works like a champ.

M1Speed
12-16-2008, 12:33 AM
thanks coupe

can you still get that great price?

SvoBrown
12-16-2008, 03:24 AM
plugs and wires. An easy fix for a tired car. Do a full tune up and then there are only a few more things it could be.

coupe
12-16-2008, 07:22 AM
+1 on plugs and wires too. The plug gap might be part of it too. Check that also.

My first SVO would do the same thing your car does...Mine got worse and worse until it would die on me at times. I threw the kitchen sink at it and it was never really "fixed" until I put a pump in it.

SlowJoe
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
a boost leak will do it to.

M1Speed
12-17-2008, 12:03 AM
My first SVO would do the same thing your car does...Mine got worse and worse until it would die on me at times.

Thats why my dad had it. The first time replaced the battery, then next weekend replace the altenator, then the next weekend replaced the selinoide and something else... still would not stay running. He took it back home, and found that it was a bad altenator. Replaced it, and replace the distibutor cap and replaced the plugs. Right now its seems to be running. I going to get a new pump, and check for a leak.

Still trying to plug all the oil leaks :jester:

Thanks guys.

SvoBrown
12-17-2008, 03:30 AM
the valve comeing out of the valve cover is a good $5 investment. THey get stuck open and the you have all kind of leaks. Just do them one thing at a time and you will find it. And have a new car by the time you get done.