PDA

View Full Version : Custom chip or dynotune?

EHardy1971
02-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Which would be better,and more cost efffective? I know a dynotune is more exact as far as tuning for max performance is concerned,but would I be just as well off by getting a custom chip burned? I know I'd have to give the burner all my specs and such.

qkjuicedpony
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
You can burn a chip and may get a few more hp.

Or do like everyone else on the east side and get a TwEECer:D:D

QWKSNKE
02-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Which would be better,and more cost efffective? I know a dynotune is more exact as far as tuning for max performance is concerned,but would I be just as well off by getting a custom chip burned? I know I'd have to give the burner all my specs and such.

a tune is not a tune if you are not getting a chip or some type of program reflash. Got to have some dyno pulls to get a custom tune done.

While qkjuiced was :poke: the east side, a Tweecer R/T would be the most cost effective

EHardy1971
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
a tune is not a tune if you are not getting a chip or some type of program reflash. Got to have some dyno pulls to get a custom tune done.

While qkjuiced was :poke: the east side, a Tweecer R/T would be the most cost effective
Ahh,ok. I was thinking that you could have one burned for your specific mods/engine without the dyno session. I've been looking at the twEEcer as well. What's a good price on those?,I've seen them on ebay for around $500,but I know I could probably find a used one cheaper.

qkjuicedpony
02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Im not poking...Im looking for a Tweecer myself:D

Any deals out there?

SvoBrown
02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I looked for one a while back and ended up with the tune. Just way to much for me to learn. I did a chip and dyno to tune it. You may still need the dyno to find out what works best. Or a lot of track time. My head hurts just thinking about it..

SlowJoe
02-04-2009, 06:32 AM
i would call the guys at mph i bet they can hook you up right!

qkjuicedpony
02-04-2009, 06:39 AM

no chance in hell

SlowJoe
02-04-2009, 06:41 AM
no chance in hell

i knew u would come back with something like that. but the guys know what they are doing.

TheJeanyus
02-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Go with the TwEECer if you have the time to invest in it. I think you'll get the best tune that way since you can tune for driveability as well as WOT, but it takes a lot of time datalogging, making adjustments, and data logging some more.

qkjuicedpony
02-04-2009, 07:24 AM
i knew u would come back with something like that. but the guys know what they are doing.

I'm sure a few of them do but for the prices they charge they can jump off a bridge.

I wouldnt by water from there if I was thirsty...for obvious reasons

SlowJoe
02-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Go with the TwEECer if you have the time to invest in it. I think you'll get the best tune that way since you can tune for driveability as well as WOT, but it takes a lot of time datalogging, making adjustments, and data logging some more.

i can watch my data on the sct x3 and thats to much for me! the wide band would be something to get also if u plan on doing tuning yourself. does the TwEECer log with the wide band?

QWKSNKE
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Ahh,ok. I was thinking that you could have one burned for your specific mods/engine without the dyno session. I've been looking at the twEEcer as well. What's a good price on those?,I've seen them on ebay for around $500,but I know I could probably find a used one cheaper.
Nope. each car is different. Mail order tunes are a waste of money most of the time

Pretty sure they don't tune 5.0 cars

i can watch my data on the sct x3 and thats to much for me! the wide band would be something to get also if u plan on doing tuning yourself. does the TwEECer log with the wide band?

Yes the Tweecer can be setup to log wideband.

From my experience, the Tweecer is the best way to go on pushrod cars. There are two different version. Tweecer and Tweecer R/T. The latter is the one that you want because it has the datalogging capability.

Usually you will find them on the net for around $425-$450 from somebody who has gotten frustrated with the learning curve.
There are quite a few of us on this site that can give a lot of helpful tips with it. Italian still runs one in his car, Dale McPeters is good, and i would need to see one again for everything to come back to me

SlowJoe
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Pretty sure they don't tune 5.0 cars

yea i think they are tuning push rod cars they are evan getting into the dodges now.

but if you have the help and want to tune for yourself thats the way to go.

EHardy1971
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
From my experience, the Tweecer is the best way to go on pushrod cars. There are two different version. Tweecer and Tweecer R/T. The latter is the one that you want because it has the datalogging capability.

Usually you will find them on the net for around $425-$450 from somebody who has gotten frustrated with the learning curve.
There are quite a few of us on this site that can give a lot of helpful tips with it. Italian still runs one in his car, Dale McPeters is good, and i would need to see one again for everything to come back to me

Well,I guess I'll pick one up when we either get some more OT,or I do some side jobs on cars. I'm definitely looking at a wideband too. I might get one of those first,to do some ballpark tuning before I get the twEECer. I'll probably need some pointers when I get it though!