PDA

View Full Version : Project Quiet Cobra

Sendero
03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Well, I finally bit the bullet today and ordered me some b-quiet sound deadening material. 50ft^2 of the Ultimate stuff and 13.5ft^2 of the VComp. I know this won't cover the entire interior of my car, but I mainly looking to cover the floorpan and the rear seat area. Since my suspension in the rear is now solidly mounted to the subframe I get a lot of transmitted noise coming through the floorpan. Hopefully this will kill most of the noise.

KBZilla= Got any advice?

Stay tuned for pictures of the install. ;)

Scothew
03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
I got some advice, make sure you have a good heat gun and welders gloves are a nice addition to allow you to work with it easier in the direct heat :)

Shorty
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
how about a link to where you got yours from. got a friend who is needing to kill some sound in a old truck.

GoldnGT
03-15-2005, 01:06 PM
adding a lot of weight aren't you?

Mike

Sendero
03-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Mike

It will even out with me removing most of the stock sound deadener plus my reat seat delete. I will stay close to street trim weight.

how about a link to where you got yours from. got a friend who is needing to kill some sound in a old truck.

http://www.b-quiet.com

99LS1
03-15-2005, 01:30 PM
How's Project Figure-out-how-to-beat-the-dingleberry going :D :jester:

TheJeanyus
03-15-2005, 01:32 PM
<--- Stays tuned to see results and approximate cost. :D

AngelEyes
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM

Mike
:slap: It is not gonna matter how much it weighs when he puts the turbo on it! :jester:

Italian LX
03-15-2005, 04:00 PM
:slap: It is not gonna matter how much it weighs when he puts the turbo on it! :jester:
It always matters how much it weighs. . . for both handling and acceleration. :yup:

Wicked
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
It will even out with me removing most of the stock sound deadener plus my reat seat delete. I will stay close to street trim weight.

http://www.b-quiet.com

You mean the rear seat delete/speaker box?

I know that speaker box weighs more than the rear seat.

Sendero
03-15-2005, 06:19 PM
You mean the rear seat delete/speaker box?

I know that speaker box weighs more than the rear seat.

Stock with Speaker Box
Rear Seat = 25lbs + MDF Speaker Box in trunk = 75lbs over rear wheels

After Rear Seat Delete and Fiberglass Sub Box
Fiberglassed Speaker Box = 30lbs + nothing = 30lbs over rear wheels

Sound Deadening = .35 lb/ft x 50ft^2 = 17.5lbs + 13lbs of VComp = 30.5lbs

30lbs + 30.5lbs = 60.5lbs of total added weight

You also have to remember that I have reduced weight with the coilovers and Tri-Link. I bet you I will still weigh less than a stock GT/Cobra when its all said and done with.

TheJeanyus
03-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Adding 30 lbs wouldn't bother me. That's less than 1% of the total weight of the car anyway, and it's a street car, not a race car. Some creature comforts are worth the extra weight. We all (except maybe Craig and Edgar) still have our factory A/C, power steering, etc.

Craig K.
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Adding 30 lbs wouldn't bother me. That's less than 1% of the total weight of the car anyway, and it's a street car, not a race car. Some creature comforts are worth the extra weight. We all (except maybe Craig and Edgar) still have our factory A/C, power steering, etc.

Whats creature comforts for, heck I would go on a diet during racing season just to loose a couple of pounds out of the car :jester:

I would agree with you guys, if and when you do not drive the car daily, that stuff will have to come out. But when your using the car for daily transportation it's nice to have a quit ride.

EZ SPEED
03-16-2005, 04:09 AM
I got some advice, make sure you have a good heat gun and welders gloves are a nice addition to allow you to work with it easier in the direct heat :)

No heat gun needed for the B-Quiet :metal:

Did you get the little roller with it? I have an extra one if you need it.

Very easy to apply, just make sure you have it where you want it, because it doesnt come back up ;)

I added about 70lbs with all of mine, but who gives a crap in a 5000 lb pickup truck (when you can make up for it with boost ;) )

Sendero
03-16-2005, 07:21 AM
No heat gun needed for the B-Quiet :metal:

Did you get the little roller with it? I have an extra one if you need it.

Very easy to apply, just make sure you have it where you want it, because it doesnt come back up ;)

I added about 70lbs with all of mine, but who gives a crap in a 5000 lb pickup truck (when you can make up for it with boost ;) )

I didn't get the roller because I heard its the same thing as a carpet roller. I was told Lowes has them in-stock. Did I get some bad info?

EZ SPEED
03-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I didn't get the roller because I heard its the same thing as a carpet roller. I was told Lowes has them in-stock. Did I get some bad info?

Nope...probably the same thing, I got two of the rollers free with my orders ;)

Scothew
03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Cool, didnt know it could be done without a heatgun. I've only used dynamax which i had to.

TheJeanyus
03-29-2005, 07:46 PM
:bump: :ttt:

We need an update, Nathan!

Sendero
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Finished HERE! (http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=1612)