PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Question

EZMachN
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I received my kit this weekend and getting everything ready for it. I want to be safe as possible but not get what I don't need. So far I have the NX Stage 1 EFI kit, automatic bottle opener, NX bottle heater, and Fuel Pressure Safety Switch.

Will I need a window switch, even though I have an Automatic and a Predator (to adjust rev limiter/shift points), and also is a Purge kit a must? I have these items located just need to know if I should go ahead and get them

Scothew
03-16-2005, 05:23 PM
I would get a window switch personally. You dont want it to spray when your car is shifting, it'd bang the heck out of the rev limit in a heartbeat. Cut the nitrous off 200rpm or so before the shift point, and dont start it till at least 3k or depending on how your cars powerband is.

The only other thing I suggest is a WOT switch. That way, no matter what RPM you are in (if you meet the window switch's criteria) and if the system is turned on, the nitrous solenoids will not activate unless you are at Wide Open Throttle. Its a failsafe. You let off the gas even a smidge and it deactivates the nitrous and fuel solenoids.

Something I seriously recommend is a nitrous tune and dont go crazy with the pills right off the bat.

Once you get the nitrous installed, put like the 50hp pills in and tune it with no timing advance or maybe even 2-4° retard. You probably will not fill the nitrous hit or it will be minimal, but its a good way to test to make sure its all working. Then work your way from there.

EZMachN
03-16-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. I already have a WOT switch, it came with the kit. I also already have a someone to tune it.

Scothew
03-16-2005, 05:36 PM
good. I'd still look at the window switch. Its just a great piece of mind option.

QWKSNKE
03-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Wished you would have talked to me before.

The bottle opener is a waste of money, you don't need the fuel safety switch (they are notorious for causing more irritations than good) and you could have got by with out the heater. (I never used a heater)

You need a gauge and the purge is not a must but it will affect how long before your car receives 'the hit'.

QWKSNKE
03-16-2005, 06:24 PM
oh yeah.

I do recommend a window switch. Nitrous is never to be used below 3000rpm and this would keep that from happening

EZMachN
03-16-2005, 07:12 PM
The bottle opener I got new for $130 shipped, they sell for $230-$250. It didn't fit on the guys Zex bottle, so he had to buy another. I made him an offer and he sold it to me, I thought it was just too good to pass up. The bottle heater is from my friend, brand new, never used and getting it for $100. The Fuel Pressure Switch also came with my kit.

Italian LX
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
The bottle opener is a waste of money, you don't need the fuel safety switch (they are notorious for causing more irritations than good) and you could have got by with out the heater. (I never used a heater)
I agree about the remote bottle opener; it's just something else that could break and is only good if you find yourself in an unexpected street race. However, I do think the bottle warmer would be a good investment.

EZMachN
03-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Is $95 good price for a NX Purge kit and NX Bottle Gauge?

Scothew
03-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I got my purge at www.dynotune.org. it was a good piece. I just hate the nylon tubing they sent with it.

QWKSNKE
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
The bottle opener I got new for $130 shipped, they sell for $230-$250. It didn't fit on the guys Zex bottle, so he had to buy another. I made him an offer and he sold it to me, I thought it was just too good to pass up. The bottle heater is from my friend, brand new, never used and getting it for $100. The Fuel Pressure Switch also came with my kit.
If that's the case then you did good. Those are both good deals. Beware of the bottle opener though, KB had his only work correctly a couple of times.

yes $95 is a good buy for a gauge and purge

JTowe85
03-19-2005, 10:23 AM
Just wondering how much do you have in your kit???? Bc Ive spent a lot on mine and i still have to get a bottle warmer/blanket and a purge kit. I know i dont have to have them but when i buy those that will put me right at 750-800 in my kit.