PDA

View Full Version : project white hatch

militarymustang88gt
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
gonna get a coil over system front/rear. going to have one motor for drag racing with one coil over set up w/ springs. and then i am planning on building a high compression/ high rev 302 for road racing with the other coil over set with stiff springs.

should be interesting to see if i can get it to perform ok in both. dont like to have just one thing better than the other.

blue90lx
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
:pics:

:jester:

jonosranger
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
:stupid:

coupe
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
:stupid: :stupid:

show the goods!

Craig K.
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Why not have one motor for both?

I use to change out springs/struts and did it in just a couple of hours to switch back and fourth from drag to road race, it is not all that hard (oh yeah you need two set of wheels and tire too)

yellowSVT
03-30-2009, 07:37 PM
:stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::s tupid::stupid::stupid::stupid::stupid:

robbie

militarymustang88gt
03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
i have not started yet. just plans. yeah i am going to have two coil over sets. one for drag other for road. and two motors as well. gonna keep the 306 with tfs heads for drag with a 150 shot. and gonna use my overly ported e7s and stock bottom end motor with a mild cam for high rev use on the road racing application.

Craig K.
03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
iand gonna use my overly ported e7s and stock bottom end motor with a mild cam for high rev use on the road racing application.

What type of road racing are you talking about?
Open track events like at Barber or Road Atlanta? Are you going for time trials or wheel to wheel racing?

If your planning on doing wheel to wheel road racing on a closed course track, and planning on a "high rev" motor, that engine will see way more abuse than a drag motor.
Plan on fully balancing the bottom end, with full ARP fasteners, get the crank line honed, you might as well modify your rods (grind down the ridge and shot penn) or get aftermarkets, and plan on a good oil system (use an aftermarket oil pump shaft). You will also want an accusump sytem as well as an oil cooler.
Why not put all the engine money into one, then when you drag race it hook up the bottle?

militarymustang88gt
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
What type of road racing are you talking about?
Open track events like at Barber or Road Atlanta? Are you going for time trials or wheel to wheel racing?

If your planning on doing wheel to wheel road racing on a closed course track, and planning on a "high rev" motor, that engine will see way more abuse than a drag motor.
Plan on fully balancing the bottom end, with full ARP fasteners, get the crank line honed, you might as well modify your rods (grind down the ridge and shot penn) or get aftermarkets, and plan on a good oil system (use an aftermarket oil pump shaft). You will also want an accusump sytem as well as an oil cooler.
Why not put all the engine money into one, then when you drag race it hook up the bottle?

as in road racing i am talking about autocross and open track days at talledega and stuff.

Craig K.
03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
as in road racing i am talking about autocross and open track days at talledega and stuff.

Autocross won't be too bad, but getting it out on a track for several laps (if your doing multiple laps) is were you can burn an engine up if your not running an accusump system and an oil cooler, also you would need good brake pads and brake cooling ducts.
You could get away with the stock fronts if your running a solid bushing in them (instead of rubber), if your running multiple laps you may want to consider rear disk.

If it is in your budget go with a 94/94 cobra swap, this with a good pad and brake coolers is an awsome set up for low $

militarymustang88gt
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
i already have good brakes....... really good brakes.