PDA

View Full Version : fuel line stuff...

coupe
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Got a cracked and leaking fuel line on the SVO. Noticed it a while back and haven't touched it since, but I really need to get the car running. It was dripping gas right onto the downpipe! :eek: I could hear each drop "ssss" as it hit!

Anyway, rather than repair it (and have the plastic crack again somewhere else), I want to replace the whole thing. Anyone have any suggestions for a simple route that doesn't involve all new fittings, lines, and adapters? Are there adapters for AN lines to the rail on these cars? I know the fuel pump assembly is just like the 5.0L but from there and the filter on, it's not.

Give me some suggestions please. Only looking for enough fuel to support 350hp so no -8 line needed.

rtusnake
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
I used an adapter for my stock rails that aeromotive makes, not sure if they make it for the 2.3 rail. I believe it only came in -6 and -8

SvoBrown
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I used the lines out of a turbocoupe and used it on the toyota.

I also used stainless tubing on the svo. Then fitted lines to the fuel filter and to the fuel rail. Using the rail from the turbocoupe on the 86 intake.