PDA

View Full Version : lifters needed

tayzoid1
04-19-2009, 12:07 AM
i had 2 lifters miraculously go soft on my today on the way home from work i need a set preffured oftermarket or factory replacement for a roller 302 h.o. the cheaper the better post up what you have

thanks!
taylor

tayzoid1
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM
never mind im not getting any oil to anything on the top end of the motor f*ck my life this is my only car

EHardy1971
04-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Are you getting any oil pressure at all?

tayzoid1
04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
none at all zero it is actually showing like negative oil pressure its wayyyyyy below the bottom of the gauge and it has been showing up all the time i am hoping that i somehow broke the oil pump driveshaft but i havent tore it apart ot tell sooo thats what i about to do so i can go to school and work tommorow lol life is great!

thanks!
taylor

EHardy1971
04-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Not good.

86nu
04-19-2009, 05:18 PM
have you checked under the v/c to make sure or you just going off the gauge? If just off the gauge could just be a bad sending unit, cheap easy fix

coupe
04-19-2009, 10:17 PM
:stupid: the sending units can go out...

tayzoid1
04-20-2009, 09:12 AM
but wouls sending units cause every lifter to be not pumping up and when i run the car with no valve covers on there is not a drop of oil coming through the passages? thats the problem gauges are fine if they go out but if no oils at all is coming out ov where the valve cover should go something is wrong

Italian LX
04-20-2009, 09:52 AM
. . . i am hoping that i somehow broke the oil pump driveshaft. . .
Seems like you should be able to tell just by pulling the distibutor and looking down to see if it's broke.

Before you pull the motor, you may want to pull the front cover first and see if you blew out one of the oil passage plugs on the front of the motor. I don't know that I've ever seen this happen, but if it did, it would definitely result in a sudden loss of oil pressure.

tayzoid1
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
yea i just havent fooled with it with the storms and everything im gonna pull the dist and i didnt know about the oil passages what do i look for when i pull thefront cover?

QWKSNKE
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Have you checked the oil level? If the oil level gets to low you will have this problem

EHardy1971
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
If your running a Fram oil filter,that could also be the problem. They have been known to collapse internally and cause catastophic oil pressure loss.

Italian LX
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
yea i just havent fooled with it with the storms and everything im gonna pull the dist and i didnt know about the oil passages what do i look for when i pull thefront cover?
After you get the front cover off, remove the timing set. You should see three plugs; one at the end of each lifter passage and one at the end of the cam passage. (There are also three more at the back of the block, but you would surely know if one of them came out as you would have oil pouring out of your bell housing.)

They are press-in plugs (very much like the "freeze plugs" in the block) and probably not likely to come out on a stock motor. However, if someone rebuilt that motor, they may not have put them in good enough and one could've come out.

On a sid note, there's also another oil passage plug pointing straight down at the rear of the lifter valley under the lower intake.

http://streetstangs.com/images/oil-passage-plugs.jpg

tayzoid1
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
ok i pulled the distributor and there is no oil pump driveshaft to be found so this is my problem the only thing i am wondering is what caused this problem ohh and opil level is perfect

Italian LX
04-20-2009, 03:16 PM
ok i pulled the distributor and there is no oil pump driveshaft to be found so this is my problem the only thing i am wondering is what caused this problem...
Your oil pump went bad, siezed up, and twisted the shaft in half.

EHardy1971
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Your oil pump went bad, siezed up, and twisted the shaft in half.
Yep. Looks like engine pulling time!

Italian LX
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Yep. Looks like engine pulling time!
Look at the good side... it's a great time to fix any leaking gaskets you may have. :D

Lee and I just did this on the '86 two weekends ago and it no longer leaves oil spots everywhere it goes. ;)

tayzoid1
04-20-2009, 09:39 PM
yea but i am in college and working alot! so i guess she will just sit till i can afford a cherry picker and engine stand and then i might be able to fix it but im not pullin out the motor without rebuilding it compleatly and doin some performance goodies im thinkin like stroker,heads,forged goodies the whole shebang so.. looks like the stang will be down for a whil on the upside i did just buy a 97 jeep today with only 96k on the clock so things are lookin up

EHardy1971
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
I have an engine stand you can borrow. I have an engine hoist too,if you can get everything done so it's ready to hook up and pull out,give me a yell.:nice:

tayzoid1
04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
thanks soo much eeric i will give ya a call pm me your number

coupe
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
upside i did just buy a 97 jeep today with only 96k on the clock so things are lookin up Upside, huh? Sounds like you went from the frying pan straight to the fire on that one.. lol.

banditmwp
04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Upside, huh? Sounds like you went from the frying pan straight to the fire on that one.. lol.

:werd:

tayzoid1
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Upside, huh? Sounds like you went from the frying pan straight to the fire on that one.. lol.
i dont really know what you mean are you knocking jeeps or are you congratulating me?:dunno: