PDA

View Full Version : Questions about datalogging with a Tweecer...

Doug904
03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Hey guys,

As you all know I'm an SCT dealer but I don't have any good tools for datalogging EEC4 stuff. I'm also not familiar with the Tweecer so can someone tell me if I can purchase a Tweecer can I use it on different vehicles to datalogg the functions? This would be the only feature that I would be interested in using as I have my SCT stuff for the adjustment end.

Thanks for your help!

Doug.

QWKSNKE
03-22-2005, 09:49 AM
you can go to www.tweecer.com to see what PCMs it supports.

I don't know if you could do that or not Doug. Tweecer plugs in the same port as a SCT chip, so you wouldn't be able to datalog your changes unless SCT makes a flasher for EEC4 cars

93Cobra#2771
03-22-2005, 01:55 PM
You could use one, or the other, but not a chip and the tweecer at the same time. I have heard of some people basically doing the tune with a tweecer and datalogging/fine tuning it, then making the tune on the other brand chip and sliding it into place.

An alternative might be the SnEEC system http://www.racesystems.com/sneeciv/sneec.htm.

It goes inline between the engine harness and the EEC (kinda like a PMS), so that would allow use of a chip at the same time.

86GT
03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
The SnEEC will work but the wiring harness is specific for each car. Some of the pins have to be moved based on the application

Doug904
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Alright, I appreciate the help. Sounds like I'll just have to stick with EEC5.

Thanks guy!

Doug.