PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars FTL

TheJeanyus
10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Had the Z06 out last night, and the tires wouldn't hook AT ALL. It was only 50 degrees, but the tires acted like they were cold and hard. Rolling into the throttle in 1st and once it got up to about 4000 rpms they started spinning. I got on the throttle in 2nd gear on the on ramp and it tried to get sideways...with the traction control on! :banghead: I had heard how bad these tires are in cooler weather, and every bit of it is true. :notnice:

tacbear
10-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Thats why I got the F1 All Season tires. Those summer Ultra Performance tires get really hard in colder weather..and I like to run the Dragon when it is below 50.

rtusnake
10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
They do suck for sure, the car also probably had a few extra hp from the weather as well

TheJeanyus
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
They do suck for sure, the car also probably had a few extra hp from the weather as well
It felt a little stronger :yup:, but it's not nearly the difference there is with a supercharged car.

coupe
10-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Put a Nitto Drag Radial on it Joseph. You won't be disappointed and they last a long time!

TheJeanyus
10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Put a Nitto Drag Radial on it Joseph. You won't be disappointed and they last a long time!
Been there, done that. No thanks. While the straight-line performance and tread life were great, I couldn't stand the side wall flex in the corners.

I'm thinking about the Nitto INVO, though. They look a little funky, but if they are actually good performers while being quieter and riding better they sound just right for me. http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.invo

Skillet
10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
The F1 SCs are garbage. Anything below 60 degrees or so they are rock hard. No complaints from the Firestones. Cheaper, quieter, much more mileage, and now where near as hard.

SvoBrown
10-04-2009, 06:06 AM
I have the Nitto INVO on the svo. Did good last year in low temp. Very stiff side wall. 245/45/17 handles my lower hp very well.