PDA

View Full Version : NMRA Factory Stock Class racing...

coupe
10-06-2009, 02:54 PM
11's with stock engines?

Not sure if you guys knew this, but there is a "factory stock" class of racing in NMRA (National Mustang Racer's Association).

In a nutshell, for pushrod motors, they are essentially factory parts... maximum 310cid. No power adders, no electric accessories (water pump), 2.5" max exhaust system, heads OE cast iron only... E7, GT40, or GT40P. No porting. No dome pistons. Max cam lift .480" Must run EECIV, but plug-in chips allowed. Intake can be stock, Cobra, or Explorer only. Factory Kmember, and stock type rear suspension with direct-replacement arms allowed (no southsides, etc.)... and some other general stuff.

Essentially, these cars don't seem far off from the HCI setups like alot of us run in our own personal cars... But if you hear one fire up, you instantly know there's more to them than meets the eye.

This past weekend, Tommy Godfrey went 11.038 @ 120.76!! to take home the win and the 2009 Factory Stock championship.

http://image.automotive.com/f/eventcoverage/24898660+pheader/m5lp_0908_22_z+2009_NMRA_bradenton+factory_stock_t ommy_godfrey.jpg

To think that these combinations will be running 10's next year is incredible. Goes to show what you can do with the right engine, cam, and little tricks of the trade. Wow!

jonosranger
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I like it! And thats so crazy with a basically stock motor

EHardy1971
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I bet those heads and intakes are hogged the **** out!

1Quik85GT
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
11's with stock engines?

Not sure if you guys knew this, but there is a "factory stock" class of racing in NMRA (National Mustang Racer's Association).

In a nutshell, for pushrod motors, they are essentially factory parts... maximum 310cid. No power adders, no electric accessories (water pump), 2.5" max exhaust system, heads OE cast iron only... E7, GT40, or GT40P. No porting. No dome pistons. Max cam lift .480" Must run EECIV, but plug-in chips allowed. Intake can be stock, Cobra, or Explorer only. Factory Kmember, and stock type rear suspension with direct-replacement arms allowed (no southsides, etc.)... and some other general stuff.

Essentially, these cars don't seem far off from the HCI setups like alot of us run in our own personal cars... But if you hear one fire up, you instantly know there's more to them than meets the eye.

This past weekend, Tommy Godfrey went 11.038 @ 120.76!! to take home the win and the 2009 Factory Stock championship.

http://image.automotive.com/f/eventcoverage/24898660+pheader/m5lp_0908_22_z+2009_NMRA_bradenton+factory_stock_t ommy_godfrey.jpg

To think that these combinations will be running 10's next year is incredible. Goes to show what you can do with the right engine, cam, and little tricks of the trade. Wow!

He's been 10s in testing before.. i think 10.96. these cars are nothing but NHRA stock eliminator cars.. There is so much R and D in these cars

SilverBack
10-06-2009, 05:41 PM
What transmissions are these guys running? Still insane how much they're squeezing out of a "stock" combination.

ncontt
10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
ya, we were AMAZED @ them this w/e in Bowling Green...they were absolutely RIDING OUT!!!

QWKSNKE
10-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Fun Ford used to have a class with the same rules also

coupe
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I bet those heads and intakes are hogged the **** out!Umm...no porting allowed. I think they can "port-match" but heads are not ported.

I can tell you that although the cam has a lift rule (.480"), there is no duration rule... and that's where they are getting power.

EHardy1971
10-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Umm...no porting allowed. I think they can "port-match" but heads are not ported.

I can tell you that although the cam has a lift rule (.480"), there is no duration rule... and that's where they are getting power.
Ok, I read about that awhile back then. Makes sense on the duration.

1Quik85GT
10-07-2009, 07:47 AM
What transmissions are these guys running? Still insane how much they're squeezing out of a "stock" combination.

faceplated t-5s and tremecs

1Quik85GT
10-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Umm...no porting allowed. I think they can "port-match" but heads are not ported.

you are definetly dead on... you would be amazed at the duration numbers these guys are running

nxcoupe
10-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Yep, and real street is very similar. It's factory stock with out of the box aluminum heads and intake, only two heads and two intakes are really competitive, Trick flow and Edelbrock, stock cam, no changes to the cam profile allowed for 5.0's, and we saw a .49 out of a nitrous combo and a .44 out of blower combo this past weekend, both 5.0's. My car went an all time best of a .78, but with a 1.45 60ft when it usually goes 1.30. It would have been in the 9.50's which is incredible for my car, and I am really happy we finally got it dialed in and there is more in it for next year.
I am really toying with building an F/S car, they are a blast and not too expensive to build either, compared to r/s.