PDA

View Full Version : Steeda Billet Caster/Camber Plates for Fox Bodies

93Cobra#2771
03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Steeda Billet Caster/Camber Plates for Fox Bodies.

Here are the plates I'm speaking of, bought from Lee/DSP:
http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/suspension/CCplate-tops-on-black.jpg
Pretty straightforward install, and well written out instructions. Sucks that I had to use a BFH to flatten the top of my strut tower out, though. :D

The pieces themselves are flawlessly machined, and look much better than the stock pieces. Fit and finish is excellent, and the hardware is well matched and heavy duty.

I had to grind a little on the bottom plate (the part with the studs). There was an unused portion of the plate that wasn't allowing the plate to fit totally flush in the strut tower itself (guessing they used the same bottom plate on other models as well). A couple of minutes with a grinder, and all was well.

They also have 4 possible settings for strut engagement: Various rides heights, and various strut lengths.

Positives:
• Looks
• Strength
• Adjustability

Negatives:
• Slight clearancing required on bottom plate
• BFH to the top of my strut tower (not C/C plate related)

Overall, I give them two thumbs up. :jester:

SteedaChaos
08-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Yes i love mine to this date it's been year and half since mine were installed and i had the camber set to Steeda's specs for aggressive street. The old man who's done aligments for a long time said i wouldn't notice that setting one bit, but when i hit the road going straight the change was barely noticable till you turned then it was " Oh yea i love this". When making right turns you cut perfect 90's where everyone else lean an swing out for example, and going into curves the tires fall in and follow the line you set so bueatifully that you find yourself actually speeding up when heading into turns because any slower is beneath you and the car's ability.

Then i got Steeda's strut tower brace to keep them pulled together OH even better, i love a good handling car.
My susp. mods are:
H&R SS springs
Steeda parts listed above
HPM sub-frame connectors
Steeda upper cntrl arms
Energy Suspension poly-bushens
runng stock struts an shocks for now maybe Blisten down the road

93Cobra#2771
08-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Yeah, considering going to the agressive street setting on mine as well - no more miles than I drive, my tires will dry rot before they wear out... :D

Dale McPeters
02-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Do you think that Lee @ DSP might want to sell me a set of those
sometime in the near future for my little project? :D

QWKSNKE
02-02-2006, 03:21 PM
As far as I know we can still get those.

Dale McPeters
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
As far as I know we can still get those.

I will let you know in a week or so. I have some MM plates but
I think they have a slight problem.........:jester:

By the way pm me a price.

93Cobra#2771
02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Do you think that Lee @ DSP might want to sell me a set of those
sometime in the near future for my little project? :D
Keep in mind, they are the 3 bolt version. If you are going to do coil overs, they recommend the 4 bolt version, I believe.

They are still in and working perfectly, btw.

Dale McPeters
02-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Keep in mind, they are the 3 bolt version. If you are going to do coil overs, they recommend the 4 bolt version, I believe.

They are still in and working perfectly, btw.

Thanks Richard.